• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarky_Blues

Manager
Thought everyone might like to see a blog written by a very well respected North West based editor/journalist who is a massive Blackburn fan. I sent him a text saying a number of SUFC were on route to Ewood Park and it turned out he spoke to a few Shrimpers. Some nice words said about us.

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/

Only confirms what we already knew! :winking:

Nice article though, and if it's true Blackburn did charge a discounted entry then fair play to them too.

yes we did get in for £20 - only after a bit of negoiating (spelling) by some of the travelzone girls - all done in a friendly manner though - all credit to them

Yes the girls on the TZ coach had phoned Blackburn's ticket office and were told we would be allocated a section in the ground and the cheapest tickets were £17.00
Only to be told that in the area we had been allocated the price was £32.00.

Following 10 minutes of hard but friendly bargaining, a senior official eventually agreed to £20.00 which we happy to accept.
Fair play to that official and fan's involved.

Oh bugger!
i just remembered - that senior official said "Don't tell anyone about the reduction" :blush::winking:

yes we did get in for £20 - only after a bit of negoiating (spelling) by some of the travelzone girls - all done in a friendly manner though - all credit to them

Yes the girls (along with Wino, Holmesy & Jones) done well. See Andy Gray and Richard Keyes were wrong - there is a place for women in football.

Last edited:
Yes the girls (along with Wino, Holmesy & Jones) done well. See Andy Gray and Richard Keyes were wrong - there is a place for women in football.

Oi Berry! You calling me a girl? LOL....It was only when we said we were willing to walk away that we managed to get the senior steward to go and get authority to let us in on the cheap! But yes, well done to all who made the effort.......and a particular well done to those who will make the effort all over again on a mid week night!

Oi Berry! You calling me a girl? LOL....It was only when we said we were willing to walk away that we managed to get the senior steward to go and get authority to let us in on the cheap! But yes, well done to all who made the effort.......and a particular well done to those who will make the effort all over again on a mid week night!

You're still upset as we have photographic proof that the Loreal midget is taller than you Ian!!

Last edited:
Said im 2 years younger and got in for £10!

Dissapointed game was called off infront of us but how we made a day of it is credit to the fans

Well I did say to them that if they let us in for free then they could have Blair Sturrock but they pased on that one :hilarious:

Back