• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You did a Beard XI thread didn't you?

I seem to recall I did but it got highjacked by those who can't tell the difference between a proper beard and bum-fluff.

Sansome
Locke Moody Clark Powell
Scannell? Easton Cusack Thurgood
Phillips Guthrie

Not entirely convinced the quality of Scannell's beard.

Neil Jenkins had a beard for a while back in the day.

Just found on wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Jenkins_(footballer)

''Jenkins joined the Essex based team Southend United in July 2002[1] on a one year contract. He scored in his debut game against Hull City and by the 2002–03 season was one of the top scoring midfielders with seven goals. On of his best goals was against Lincoln City when he took a 25 yard free kick, although the game was lost 2–1.[2] After renewing his contract, he continued to play throughout the 2003–04 season and was released in May 2004 after scoring 67 goals in 61 appearances.''

Love that!

Where's the beard?

What is your all-time best beards XI?

1. Jimmy Rimmer*
2. Billy Bonds
3. Frank Lampard Snr.
4. Tony Grealish
5. Steve Foster
6. Paul Clark
7.Trevor Hockey
8. Dennis Mortimer
9. Bob Latchford
10. Socrates
11. George Best

*an alt.version of 'the thigh tickler.'

Last edited:
I have edited my location in tribute to Capt Easton's facial foliage.

I suggest you all do the same, there's room for quite a few of us in there.

I could spend all afternoon telling you wrestlers who had beards, heres a few...

The warlord & Barbairan (Powers of pain), Macho man randy savage, Earthquake, Adam bomb,
Akeem, Kamala, Undertaker, The milion dollar man ted dibiase.

On the subject of bears, here is a band who are fully committed to the beard campaign....

The Band Of Horses

boh_photo.jpg

didnt roy mcdonough sport a beard now and then and simon francis poor excuse for a beard never really came off, patchy all over the place, looked like a 14 year old that couldnt afford his first razor.

Back