• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Harold Bishop Killer appears to have forgotten he asked to join in this comp and so we're left in a bit of an awkward situ, anyone care to step in and take over ??

There'll be plenty of help in Robins site ..

http://www.sufcdb.co.uk/index.php

Anyway i'll kick off with Keith Mercer up front and Kevin Maher pulling the strings alonside Keith Jones in centre mid

Folks as old as me may remember Bobby Kellard in the early 1960s. Left winger who was sold to Crystal Palace and enjoyed a long career with them, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Leicester and Bristol City amongst others.

Yes come on you lot, surely someone will take this team on for us ...

OK - "here to help and not to hinder" and all that:

John Keeley

Keith Lindsey Kevin Fallon John Kurila Kevin Lock

Keith Jones
Billy Kellock Kevin Maher
Bobby Kellard

Michael Kightly
Keith Mercer

Couldn't get the format I wanted here, but it's Keith Jones as the defensive midfielder sat behind Kellock to his right and Maher to his left. Bobby Kellard is wide on the left with Kightly tucked behind Mercer in an old-fashioned inside right position. Mercer is playing in a central role up front.

H - re. your steers of Stephen Kelly and Ken Foggo. If Kelly was a central defender, then he could supplant Fallon. What wing did Foggo play on? If it was on the right, then he could possibly supplant Kightly.

Nice one Rob, looks like you have your team all squared up which is good cos i can think of no others worthy of mention

Nice one Rob, looks like you have your team all squared up which is good cos i can think of no others worthy of mention

Cheers, Lee. The only others I could think of were Kevin O' Callaghan (who was a good player before he came to us) and Kevin Steggles who was a defender who played a few games for us in the dodgy '84 side.

Blimey Keith Lindsey died young.

Rob, to answer your question Kelly played right back and also could play at centre back, and Ken Foggo who BTW was great mates with Bobby Kellard preferred wide right.

And if you're unhappy with Keeley in goal go for Kevin O'Callaghan heroically injured in Escape to Victory.....:smile:

Blimey Keith Lindsey died young.

Rob, to answer your question Kelly played right back and also could play at centre back, and Ken Foggo who BTW was great mates with Bobby Kellard preferred wide right.

And if you're unhappy with Keeley in goal go for Kevin O'Callaghan heroically injured in Escape to Victory.....:smile:

Thanks mate. This is my final team:-

John Keeley

Keith Lindsey Stephen Kelly John Kurila Kevin Lock

Keith Jones
Billy Kellock Kevin Maher
Bobby Kellard

Michael Kightly
Keith Mercer

Positions described in greater detail above.

Cheers Rob, for the ease of writing it i'm gonna list them as a traditional 4-4-2 in the Squads thread, you'll be able to get your tactical nous across when it comes to the knockout rounds i'm sure :smile:

Cheers Rob, for the ease of writing it i'm gonna list them as a traditional 4-4-2 in the Squads thread, you'll be able to get your tactical nous across when it comes to the knockout rounds i'm sure :smile:

I doubt it mate - as The Smiths once told us, 'The World Won't Listen.' :smiles:

bugger!! So sorry lads have been away for the week and did actually forget when i said i would be in this that i was due away smack bang in the middle of it! :flamer:

Sorry again lads. :(

Back