• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

faither

Hi Folks

I hope we will see lots of Shrimpers at Bayview next month.

The matches will start at 1.00 and 3.30 and admission for the day will be £10.00 - but see below for a really good deal.

We've put together a package for hospitality for either or both days. The details are below along with contact details for booking.

BTW the reason for having to close the bar is that Scots law does not allow alcohol to be served when a match is being played!

See you there.

Eugene Clarke
Director, East Fife FC

MATCHDAY HOSPITALITY
Jeek Fleming Suite at Bayview Stadium, Methil
The Gilvenbank Hotel Football Festival
Saturday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] & Sunday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2011

Your day will begin here at 11am when we will serve you with brunch followed by the first match which kicks off at 1.00pm (*note half time pie/tea or coffee is included for both matches on the day). You will also receive your weekend award winning souvenir programme.

A pay bar will be open from 11am (12noon on Sunday) until 12.45pm then 2.45pm until 3.15pm. The bar will re-open after the final whistle of the second match.

The will be a Supporters Quiz Night in our lounge after the match on Saturday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] July, everyone is welcome.

The cost of this package is only £25.00 (incl vat) per day.

To book your place simply email us on office@eastfife.org or telephone the Club on 01333 426323.
(places are limited so don’t delay, book today !)

That's pretty impressive pricing for what you get! Has alex salmon staved off the con/dem rescession north of the board... little bit of politics!

That's pretty impressive pricing for what you get! Has alex salmon staved off the con/dem rescession north of the board... little bit of politics!

It's the natural generosity of the Fife folk. Have you ever heard the expression: "It taks a lang spoon tae sup wi a Fifer"? Translated it means the quantities of food are so great when provided by someone from Fife that you need an extra large spoon to eat it all. :)

Last edited:
It's the natural generosity of the Fife folk. Have you ever heard the expression: "It taks a lang spoon tae sup wi a Fifer"? Translated it means the quantities of food are so great when provided by someone from Fife that you need an extra large spoon to eat it all. :)

You've not met True Blue yet Eugene, but you will and the Fifefolk may wish to offer smaller portions in future :winking:

Also can we get some translations for "Full British :winking: Breakfast" and "6 pints of lager please barman" as we could have some issues if "It taks a lang spoon tae sup wi a Fifer" is anything to go by :raspberry:

do we know who is playing who and who has which KO? only ask as dont like the sound of the bar closing and having to either watch the other game or hang around with a can of super T out side

do we know who is playing who and who has which KO? only ask as dont like the sound of the bar closing and having to either watch the other game or hang around with a can of super T out side

Valid points mate, be also handy for people flying up on the Saturday morning if they know they have to get a scurry on for an early kick off or can afford an hour stroll or bit of lunch in Edinburgh first

Also can we get some translations for "Full British :winking: Breakfast" and "6 pints of lager please barman" as we could have some issues if "It taks a lang spoon tae sup wi a Fifer" is anything to go by :raspberry:

I spent a good while Saturday with a sweet Glaswegian lass and I couldn't understand a bloody word she said ---- even after she repeated it slowly.

has everyone sorted how they getting there and where is everyone drinking im travelling up on my own from southampton and found a hotel in leven at 70 per night but what are all you other fans doing as be good if there was a load of us in 1 place

has everyone sorted how they getting there and where is everyone drinking im travelling up on my own from southampton and found a hotel in leven at 70 per night but what are all you other fans doing as be good if there was a load of us in 1 place
Going up by train Friday coming back Monday staying in Glenrothes

Hi Folks

I hope we will see lots of Shrimpers at Bayview next month.

The matches will start at 1.00 and 3.30 and admission for the day will be £10.00 - but see below for a really good deal.

We've put together a package for hospitality for either or both days. The details are below along with contact details for booking.

BTW the reason for having to close the bar is that Scots law does not allow alcohol to be served when a match is being played!

See you there.

Eugene Clarke
Director, East Fife FC

MATCHDAY HOSPITALITY
Jeek Fleming Suite at Bayview Stadium, Methil
The Gilvenbank Hotel Football Festival
Saturday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] & Sunday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2011

Your day will begin here at 11am when we will serve you with brunch followed by the first match which kicks off at 1.00pm (*note half time pie/tea or coffee is included for both matches on the day). You will also receive your weekend award winning souvenir programme.

A pay bar will be open from 11am (12noon on Sunday) until 12.45pm then 2.45pm until 3.15pm. The bar will re-open after the final whistle of the second match.

The will be a Supporters Quiz Night in our lounge after the match on Saturday 16[SUP]th[/SUP] July, everyone is welcome.

The cost of this package is only £25.00 (incl vat) per day.

To book your place simply email us on office@eastfife.org or telephone the Club on 01333 426323.
(places are limited so don’t delay, book today !)

Now that's what you call hospitality, superb. Got their heads screwed on, those jocks. Great for our supporters and good for their club.
Sounds very friendly and welcoming, especially being invited to the quiz afterwards on Saturday. That could be a real laugh, Scots on one side, English on the other. Maybe we could show them we're not as bad as they think. If they can get over the bad history thing, that they were taught at school.

The first match on Saturday will be East Fife V Raith Rovers. Not sure yet about Sunday but will post when I find out.

BTW the ground is only ten minutes stroll away from Leven - which is the kind of place that families used to go on holiday before Ibiza was invented so if you fancy a break from the footie there's other pubs to explore!

BTW the ground is only ten minutes stroll away from Leven - which is the kind of place that families used to go on holiday before Ibiza was invented so if you fancy a break from the footie there's other pubs to explore!

We follow a team from the kind of place that families used to go on holiday before Ibiza was invented!

Thanks to faither for coming on here and letting us know about that deal - that's a cracking hospitality offer.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make the tour, but I might mention it to my father in law, to see if he's interested in popping over from C'nauld to see the Shrimpers play!

:)

We are driving up over night on friday and have booked in what looks like a lovely hotel called The Crusoe hotel on saturday night.
The hospitallity deal is a great idea. Look forward to making some friends from nort of the boarder.
Hopefully the blues that do travel will all sit together and make a bit of noise.

Chris

The Crusoe is a great little hotel perched right on the picturesque harbour with a bar that stays open till the last man drops!
Easy taxi back from Bayview if you cannot drive.

The hospitality at Bayview is first class, Eugene and the Fife boys will give you some great banter and will expect the same back.
Almost certain you will leave with a few jock friends.

Back