• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Re: Prospects - Time to make a stand

So what with the Echo article the other week, it appears Prospects are again playing hard ball.

You can in a way see their point, failed completions etc, but as a local business and not a private site for personal gain. Surely it is in their interest to go with the flow and help get this crucial deal completed?

We cannot afford anymore delays to this project. I expect it is a mere formality getting this resolved anyway. But I just feel we as fans need to apply a little bit of pressure on the people/businesses holding things up even further.

They know their site is key and it is unfair on us fans, that their continuing hard ball strategy is giving us all sleepless nights again. Obviously dealing with our club and/or Sainsbury is going to be difficult at the best of times. But we really need businesses such as this to work on the same page and do it for the good of the town and of course the long suffering Southend fans.

I would urge as many of you as possible to email, twitter or facebook Chris Phillips at The Echo, to find out why exactly Prospects are saying "the deal is dead" (AGAIN) and why they continue to contribute to further delays.

We need to be on site asap. That much is clear. The longer this all takes, the longer we continue to haemorrhage money and we all know what that means...

Time for a bit of good old fan power I think. I've had enough I don't know about you.

Facebook -http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=512303583

Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/CJPhillips1982

Echo - chris.phillips@nqe.com

Last edited:
I have to ask though why Sainsbury's did not complete on the day required on the purchase contract?

Seriously though, If we don't start pulling our finger out as fans, we may face even further delays, which could jeopardise our existence. Enough is enough.

Protest in car park on opening day of the season?

In all seriousness Dave, I fear if the "issues" with the remaining businesses are not resolved by then. Then it will be into the next calendar year before we can even contemplate movement on site at FF...

Smiffy, aren't you thinking of Fossetts?

Sainsbury's will hopefully build three of them, so that'll leaves just the one.....

In all seriousness Dave, I fear if the "issues" with the remaining businesses are not resolved by then. Then it will be into the next calendar year before we can even contemplate movement on site at FF...

I was being serious. Few hundred people protesting in the car park front page of the Echo. Could put them in a bad light and put some pressure on then to sell.

I was being serious. Few hundred people protesting in the car park front page of the Echo. Could put them in a bad light and put some pressure on then to sell.

To be fair I think they are desperate to sell to Sainsburys/the club as they are realistically the only buyer. They vacated the site around 18 months ago and are still having to pay the rates on the property which will be tens of thousands of pounds a year. Also they have incurred large legal fees on the six aborted sales. If everything that has been reported has been accurate, then Sainsburys exchanged contracts a year ago and then failed to complete potentially losing their deposit.

I presume they are being mucked around as the whole development is not 100% certain of going forward and neither Sainsburys or the club will buy anything further until everything is in place. This may well be in the club's/Sainsburys interests but it certainly isn't for the owners of Prospects. If I was them I would be absolutely fed up with the club/Sainsburys.

They want to sell and agreed a price.

From what I read the deal was agreed with Sainsburys and Sainsburys pulled out.

If thats the case you should be demonstrating against Sainsburys as it seems Prospects have already done what they were meant to do, and the fact they are keeping the deposit after Sainsburys pulled out of an agreed deal seems to back this up.

I would join in the protest too, I had an enough of waiting for that long .... are we really bringing the digger for the Fossett Farm stadium to start building it in October?

As I said elsewhere on the board....I think Sainsbury's are waiting for Southend Council to ratify the extension to the new date of building before committing more cash to the project..They cannot just guess that all will be well and the council will just rubber stamp it....They as a professional company will go through the correct process and being prudent are making the correct choice...I would say all will change and Prospects will be paid once this is sorted on the 20th of this month.

As someone else said - if its Sainsburys who pulled out of the deal then why should we be putting pressure on Prospects?? As we obviously don't know the details maybe we should put some pressure on the club to keep us in the loop. There's plenty on here who seem to have a contact within the club - maybe that should be the first port of call?

By the way, Facebook -http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...p?id=512303583 - take u straight to Chris Phillip facebook, so we all have to send message to him?

Back