• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clamping

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I just got bashed for £350 for parking in the wrong spot for 5 minutes..Even the owner of the premises who employs the clampers where I was wrongly parked asked the bloke to take the clamp off as he understood my reasons for parking there for a few minutes.They would have none of it.....The sticker said the charge was £200 but in brackets an extra £150 as they would have to call a tow truck ..I argued that there was no need to call a tow truck anyway as I was back to the car..They said as soon as they call the office and clamp the car the tow truck is on its way..

*****! and that word begins with a C.

Have you phoned the police to get them involved, becuase that seems way too excessive

I phoned them at the time and explained the situation, they said it made them sick how they get away with it and that there was a law going through Parliament at the moment to stop them but at the moment they had no power to do anything.I said the Owner of the premises had even told them to remove it. They suggested I sat in the car as they cannot tow a car with a person in it, but I might have to sit there all day...It did cross my mind to wait it out just to **** them off then cut the thing off but I am far to busy at the moment..Grrrrr. It is outright extortion.

I just checked on the net and they are the same company that were recently on Watchdog...It seems I am not alone and there is a whole forum set up about these *****.They sit in wait to pounce.

I think there has to be signs promininetly displayed, which if not could be a loop hole.

I think there has to be signs promininetly displayed, which if not could be a loop hole.

There was in retrospect, hidden behind mostly foliage...I was wrong I admit that, but as I said, the Owner was even on my side and asked them to remove it.

I just got bashed for £350 for parking in the wrong spot for 5 minutes..Even the owner of the premises who employs the clampers where I was wrongly parked asked the bloke to take the clamp off as he understood my reasons for parking there for a few minutes.They would have none of it.....The sticker said the charge was £200 but in brackets an extra £150 as they would have to call a tow truck ..I argued that there was no need to call a tow truck anyway as I was back to the car..They said as soon as they call the office and clamp the car the tow truck is on its way..

*****! and that word begins with a C.

Gutted!!!!!!!!

rules are rules :)

Pay it on a credit card and then tell your credit card co to decline the transaction, on the basis that it was extracted from you under duress...

Pay it on a credit card and then tell your credit card co to decline the transaction, on the basis that it was extracted from you under duress...

I agree but I had no card on me so parted with cash...You have to pay on the spot....Duress and extortion are admirable words though in this case.

It's ****ing outrageous and too damn right it needs to become illegal.
How much is usual parking ticket? £40? £60? Anything above that and doesn't follow similar procedures regarding signage, appeals et should hopefully after new law, be illegal.

Does that work MtS?

Does that work MtS?

Don't know, tbf. I've not tried it.

But it struck me that it's the only means whereby you've got a chance of getting out of ultimately paying, which paying cash or paying on a debit card won't give you; and I would never recommend knowingly writing a cheque of the rubber variety, on the basis that doing so deliberately may well itself be a criminal offence (ss. 1, 3, and 5 of the Forgery & Counterfeiting Act 1981 may apply).

So it might not work, but the other means definitely won't work, if you see what I mean...

On a lighter note I did phone a friend who is a baliff .He would of come down and clamped the other 3 wheels had he not been in London.That would of ****ed on there chips.

You know those nice new shoes you have, I shall make sure they do not look quite so new next time I see you in them :winking:

oi thats not very nice :)

On a lighter note I did phone a friend who is a baliff .He would of come down and clamped the other wheels had he not been in London.That would of ****ed on there chips.

Should of messaged me I still a clamp from my Bailiff days it would of been a laugh could of even clamped the clampers van as am sure that would of been parked next to your car

Cricko, was this LBS? If so they had their license revoked and they went into administration! The owners the foooked off to Spain despite having court orders to refund about 100 people who they had ripped off. I know this coz they used to have the clamping contract in our flat's Car Park until we fired em for being too officious!

It was South East Clamping & Associates Ltd, who were featured recently on "Watchdog"..They are owned by the notorious Blundel family from Grays...GBJ will know of them as I do. They closed their last clamping firm a year ago after amounting an endless list of CCJ's against them and started this new one up.

Sounds bang out of order. Have you tried contacting the Echo?

A bit of adverse publicity over them clamping a pensioner in his mobility scooter might shame them into refunding you.

Also, have a chat with the owner of the premises and suggest that he ends his agreement with them, unless they start looking after his customers. A bit of commercial pressure can't do any harm.

Sounds bang out of order. Have you tried contacting the Echo?

A bit of adverse publicity over them clamping a pensioner in his mobility scooter might shame them into refunding you.

Also, have a chat with the owner of the premises and suggest that he ends his agreement with them, unless they start looking after his customers. A bit of commercial pressure can't do any harm.

I did and she is totally shocked by their attitude and has told me if you wish to persue a legal case she would back me.

I will have a word with Chris from the echo when he returns from Scotland.

Back