• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rohan Ricketts on the radio today.

Saying he thought Southend was a 'done deal' after the club said we could stretch the budget, then couldnt, then could etc. Said he wanted to show commitment to travel to Scotland, but in hindsight said he shouldnt have gone until the deal was in place.

Paul Sturrock told him he wanted him, so someone is lying somewhere!

Went to Stevenage after, but from the sound of it he hated it as they trained hard all day every day, then played a game and he said he didnt touch the ball. When pressed, he didnt sound too keen to take that option.

Southend 'not dead in the water', but he is now speaking to League 1 clubs and a 'couple in league 2'.

Still talking about "Rohan Ricketts" in the 3rd person. :hilarious:

Rohan Ricketts on the radio today.

Saying he thought Southend was a 'done deal' after the club said we could stretch the budget, then couldnt, then could etc. Said he wanted to show commitment to travel to Scotland, but in hindsight said he shouldnt have gone until the deal was in place.

Paul Sturrock told him he wanted him, so someone is lying somewhere!

Went to Stevenage after, but from the sound of it he hated it as they trained hard all day every day, then played a game and he said he didnt touch the ball. When pressed, he didnt sound too keen to take that option.

Southend 'not dead in the water', but he is now speaking to League 1 clubs and a 'couple in league 2'.

Still talking about "Rohan Ricketts" in the 3rd person. :hilarious:

The interview is now on bbc.......amusing what he says about Stevenage!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14279964.stm

Not sure anyone lying. PS may want him but may also want/need someone in other positions more- its all relative. Priority for me is another target man striker along the lines of Corr- and any half decent striker will need money in the wages budget. I think in Scotland PS priority may have changed as a result of our inability to finish chances

Not sure anyone lying. PS may want him but may also want/need someone in other positions more- its all relative. Priority for me is another target man striker along the lines of Corr- and any half decent striker will need money in the wages budget. I think in Scotland PS priority may have changed as a result of our inability to finish chances

Brady's quote was something like "Paul (Sturrock) didnt see him fitting into the teams shape"... but RR claims PS 'wanted him' :whistling:

At the time RR was on trial Matt Paterson was on trial at Oxford. I suspect the collapse of Paterson's deal to Oxford may have had something to do with RR's deal falling through.

Fat or not, Ricketts must be able to get better money that we pay surely - just on his name alone?
Good luck him - lets hope PS can add another name to the squad before the season commences.

Th eonly thin that worries me is that according to CP at the echo we are lightly to be signing, leonard and kalala, no probs there plus a striker in the next few days. Does this mean that either Pericard or Risser impressed him to the extent that we might sign one of them? Hard to judge against a poor non league side, but in the case of Pericard i think he has something to offer especially at this level. Wont score many goals but would be a massive pressence up front much like Moshni. But part of me would still really like to get RR, very unlikely i know, maybe PS has some one else up his sleeve, doesnt have to be someone who has trialled for us.

Th eonly thin that worries me is that according to CP at the echo we are lightly to be signing, leonard and kalala, no probs there plus a striker in the next few days. Does this mean that either Pericard or Risser impressed him to the extent that we might sign one of them? Hard to judge against a poor non league side, but in the case of Pericard i think he has something to offer especially at this level. Wont score many goals but would be a massive pressence up front much like Moshni. But part of me would still really like to get RR, very unlikely i know, maybe PS has some one else up his sleeve, doesnt have to be someone who has trialled for us.

On the evidence of Monday night Pericard would not have impressed (though to be fair, or perhaps unfair he was well out of shape). Risser looked to have a lot more to work with, though I wouldn't expect him to be signed on the basis of that one performance alone.

I'd say if there is a striker amongst the 3 it's likely to be an established one with recent form who doesn't need trialling.

Apparantly it's not someone who has previously been on trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back