• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Similay to the Tara has backfired article.

I believe the marketing area of the Club is not as good as it was when Brian Wheeler was at the helm.

Admittedly things were easier then as we achieved back to back promotions.

For me things could still improve in this capacity but as someone mentioned on here about those in the ticket office recently when you leave young, inexperienced youngsters to take the brunt of the workload I suppose things will not always be clickedly click.

If only we had the cash for not only ready qualified people or at least those who are experienced in the job and in age.

I suspect the recent redundancies in this area where one or two in this department who were experienced lost their jobs didn't help matters.

I know this sounds harsh and I don't mean to sound disrespectful but as soon as Tara sorts this department out the better we can advertise our club where we start to put ourselves on the map again and gain attention from far and wide.

Paul Sturrock is doing his bit in leading us at the moment to the correct area in the table on the pitch and I hope Tara can in time bring in people ( maybe people he knows) to re-invigorate a spark off the pitch which I'm afraid is still lacking.

I tend to think the marketing has always been pretty poor, but lets face it, if we were banging them in at the top of the championship the marketing team could take the year off!

Marketing (and Commercial) was pretty good under Garry Adamson's control. It lost its way when a lot of the staff at that time left.

I think this is one of many areas where the Club have made substantial cutbacks in order to try to get expenditure under control. Until FF happens there'll need to be a lot of belt tightening in this type of area.

I think this is one of many areas where the Club have made substantial cutbacks in order to try to get expenditure under control. Until FF happens there'll need to be a lot of belt tightening in this type of area.

Laying off people whose job it is to give service to the customers is not belt-tightening; it's false economy.

Paul Sturrock is doing his bit in leading us at the moment to the correct area in the table on the pitch and I hope Tara can in time bring in people ( maybe people he knows) to re-invigorate a spark off the pitch which I'm afraid is still lacking.

Ah, people from the City.

Laying off people whose job it is to give service to the customers is not belt-tightening; it's false economy.
Is that what Marketing do? Isn't that more customer service? I thought Marketing was going out and selling the club, making new contacts and new intiatives, not necessarily dealing with people who already are sold on it?

Ah, people from the City.

HAA!

The City, Cor Blimey governor, maybe one day I could ge' to the ci'y one day, In search for the dream. I'll get meself a lovely wife a good payin' job and loads of li'le children all over the place. Blimey!

ccc02.jpg

Tara 'Chim Chimeree' Brady

Is that what Marketing do? Isn't that more customer service? I thought Marketing was going out and selling the club, making new contacts and new intiatives, not necessarily dealing with people who already are sold on it?

The subject of the ticket office was raised in the original post.

Anyway it's no good looking for new customers if you can't retain your existing ones due to ****-poor service.

You could make that argument about all sorts of areas though. If the money there doesn't even cover the wage and tax bill then it's difficult to justify spending anything that could possibly be avoided.

I would say that is pretty much an impossible job ATM it was when Riddock ? was here and there is less money about no, both for the club to spend or companies wishing to speculate advertising etc.

Also the feeling from outsiders towards the club on the whole is grim....I seem to recall the ex commercial manager saying.

"This is a near impossible job to do when RM has lost the support of the town".

It's just one of those...

Take a look at the attendances. Let's be frank about this... It has nothing to do with marketing. When we were in the Championship we were getting 90% + capacity gates regularly. Now we are filling a third of the ground in League 2. This coincides directly with the standard of football. A great marketing campaign will not bring the fans back. Okay, if you offer certain deals for matches you may get increased attendances but in the long run Southend will say that they cannot provide sustainability with the cut prices.

Lets face it with 12000 people at a ground you will sell a lot more burgers, drinks, onions, replica shirts, tickets for the next game and just about everything than you will with 4000 people. I don't think this has much to do with individuals. This is to do with the standard of football we are playing.

I like to think that Mick is all smiles and sunshine away from here. This is where he channels his negative energies.

I like to think that Mick is all smiles and sunshine away from here. This is where he channels his negative energies.

There is nothing negative about pointing out problems and deficiencies and hoping something can be done to rectify them. Negativity is accepting the unacceptable or resigning oneself to sloppy, substandard service. You are right; his concerns, whilst appreciated, are quite unnecessary.

Isn't one of the new directors (Stewart Till ) an expert in marketing? Guessing he hasn't made much of an impact yet.

Isn't one of the new directors (Stewart Till ) an expert in marketing? Guessing he hasn't made much of an impact yet.

I don't think he has done anything at all regarding SUFC ..I may be wrong and he does things under cover of darkness and up most secrecy but I have never heard anything.

lets face it the club dont give a flying **** about the fans, and treat them with absolute contempt, re my point about brady putting up ticket prices based on the say so of 2 ppl in the shrimperstrust!! If they really wanted to get the fans in, how about an apology for the last 3 years of the way fans,players and management were treated, and how about martin admitting that he was wrong

Back