• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

T20I: England v West Indies (Friday and Sunday)

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Myself and SUFCEssex are off to The Oval tomorrow for the first of 2 T20Is v The Windies

Team news
There are a variety of options for England to consider and the squad was clearly picked with an eye on Sri Lanka as it contains four spin options. It's hard to see more than two playing in either match and with Graeme Swann the captain that would mean just one from Samit Patel, Scott Borthwick and Danny Briggs. The openers, Craig Kieswetter and Alex Hales, are likely to get both matches to impress as they try to forge England's latest top-order combination.

England (possible) 1 Craig Kieswetter (wk), 2 Alex Hales, 3 Ravi Bopara, 4 Jonny Bairstow, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jos Buttler, 7 Samit Patel, 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Graeme Swann (capt), 10 James Anderson, 11 Jade Dernbach

There is a suggestion that Dwayne Smith will open the batting, which will rely heavily on the experience of Marlon Samuels. Garey Mathurin, a late call-up to the squad, could debut on his birthday.

West Indies (possible): 1 Dwayne Smith, 2 Miles Bascombe, 3 Marlon Samuels, 4 Danza Hyatt, 5 Nkruma Bonner, 6 Derwin Christian (wk), 7 Darren Sammy (capt), 8 Andre Russell, 9 Garey Mathurin, 10 Devendra Bishoo, 11 Fidel Edwards

I'm really disappointed by Chris Gayles absence, in the same way i dread facing Marcos Trescothick when Somerset come up against Essex he's a joy to watch and Gayle of course is of the same class as Tres

A supreme display by England as they utterly humiliated an awful Windies outfit

Hell even Fatty Patel played well :omg:

The Woeful Windies are struggling to make it to three figures tonight despite being only 4 wickets down

78/4 off 16.4 currently

A bit of a late rally carries WI to the dizzying heights of 113/5

Somehow i think they'll struggle to defend that

I know this is a poor West Indies side, but how many of these recent England performances are down to poor performances by the opposition, and how many are England making teams look poor?

I know this is a poor West Indies side, but how many of these recent England performances are down to poor performances by the opposition, and how many are England making teams look poor?

I was having this discussion at work the other (it sure beats working), and someone was arguing that England were only winning because the opposition was crap. I can't remember the recent great convict side being accused of this. Enjoy it while we can England are a seriously good Test side, reigning World T20 champions, and hopefully an improving ODI side. We appear to have a great production line of youngsters coming through, long may this continue.

Back