• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FC - Match 9

MrB

Life President
Playing UGTF who have fielded half a team. Had I known I'd have gone for a win but as we have limited bowling resources selected it's likely to be a draw.

End of Over 10 (1 run). Up Goes The Finger: 46-0, runrate=4.60
Overs left today: 100
Udayakumar 1-0-1-0
Lloyd* 37 (27 balls)
Brinkhuys 9 (33 balls)

draw was likely to be enough for us to stay up, so i've gone for four bowlers and Paster doing some part-time spin. we lost the toss and are bowling in the sunny conditions, but it doesn't seem to have put off Barnes and Devine who reduced them to 32-5 at one point. need to break this partnership, then we're into the tail.

End of Over 31 (3 runs). Jaques Danger: 71-5, runrate=2.29
Overs left today: 79
Cliffe 7-2-23-0
Hill* 20 (48 balls)
Bourhill 22 (52 balls)
Last Wicket: Whing b. Barnes 0 (FOW: 32/5)

Annoyingly these two are holding us up as if we can bowl them out, we could well force a win as their bowling attack looks awful (depending on whether they bowl their all rounders) and I can bring Graham into the bowling attack in the second innings. The batsmen in play are 7k each!

End of Over 68 (Maiden). Up Goes The Finger: 222-6, runrate=3.26
Overs left today: 42
Gulpen 16-1-68-0
Windsor* 36 (74 balls)
Beattie 10 (62 balls)

Last Wicket: Chatterton c. Lamey b. Nadeeka 0 (FOW: 183/6)

We need 15 points to win the divison and promote to Level III. Think we might be on track....

Purple Dinosaurs v BATTY SHRIMPERS

Purple Dinosaurs won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 23 (Maiden). Purple Dinosaurs: 25-5, runrate=1.09
Trail by 342 runs. (BATTY SHRIMPERS 367-2 dec)
Overs remaining today: 41
Lees 12-8-8-2
Payne* 0 (3 balls)
Grier 2 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Alvardo c. Evelyn b. Locke 4 (FOW: 25/5)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB has to win to keep alive her outside chance of promotion, and she's done well so far.

Notts CCC v DIBS DIPPERS

Notts CCC won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green
The players are off the field for tea.

End of Over 2 (4 runs). DIBS DIPPERS: 4-0, runrate=2.00
Trail by 163 runs. (Notts CCC 167-10)
Overs remaining today: 40
Nkhangweleni 1-0-4-0
Zubair* 1 (8 balls)
Titterton 3 (4 balls)

Bowled them out for 240 and are 130-0 in reply. Looking good for our first FC win of the season. Should help garner some much needed gate receipts in our next two games.

looking to declare at 400 (if we can get there) and push for wickets today.

End of Over 102 (1 run). Pettefershire CCC: 340-6, runrate=3.33
Lead by 187 runs. (Jaques Danger 153-10)
Overs left today: 48
Little 17-5-31-2
Barnes* 1 (2 balls)
Bryant 24 (29 balls)

Last Wicket: Thornley c. Clamp b. Little 29 (FOW: 339/6)

Slowly chipping away.

End of Over 48 (1 run). Up Goes The Finger: 175-4, runrate=3.65 (1st Inn: 240-10)
Lead by 53 runs. (ShrimperZone CC 362-3)
Overs left today: 19
Nadeeka 16-1-66-0
Ajith* 37 (41 balls)
Windsor 0 (7 balls)

Last Wicket: Shakes lbw b. Udayakumar 2 (FOW: 174/4)

Ooh, fancy a friendly tomorrow then, as we finished off our game today, securing promotion to level III :happy:
You'll see from Kev's fixture list how concerned he is with friendlies! I reckon I'll make about £650k from friendlies this season so I actively look for them!

Congrats on promotion, about time you stopped camping.

Intriguing day tomorrow. My opps closed on 47-4 119 ahead. Could have done without that My guess is if they need to post a total for me to chase they will need at least 30 overs. Think I'll still set bats defensive. Draw is the result I need a win would be a bonus and a gamble.

Haha, I wish. It took me about 4 seasons to get out of V, and I was trying every season :'(
There's not much difference between V to I in FC, you can have a tougher IV than II quite easily. But once you get up you tend to stay up and I still want to see a bunch of us in the top 20 rankings, especially as the SZ League is now becoming so high profile! Petts are the team who look like they're going to make the jump and ORM's team can't be far away now.

I know I'm in 3rd toughest level IV OD.

Can't see me making the jump in FC for at least a couple of seasons. Think I'm in a tough VII and even though training is going well i seem to be flying on the seat of my pants each week. Having said that I've worked out that from the fixtures I can't be relegated and could well still finish second if I win today so ive not changed orders apart from bowling If I lose seemingly my opps present the biggest danger next season assuming they survive A win would see them down and nirvana would see a bit coming down from Vi. Sadly no money to strengthen.

Game on ?

End of Over 40 (1 run). Moonraker: 85-7, runrate=2.13 (1st Inn: 292-10)
Lead by 157 runs. (ShrimperZone Vets CC 220-10)
Overs left today: 90
Blinkhorn 13-3-23-5
Weerasiri* 22 (56 balls)
Mrithyunjayan 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Cudjoe c & b. Blinkhorn 0 (FOW: 85/7)

39.6 W Blinkhorn to Cudjoe
Line and length from Blinkhorn. It gripped into the wicket a little bit taking some pace off the ball and Cudjoe has hit it straight back to Blinkhorn with a simple catch.
39.5 . Blinkhorn to Cudjoe
Bit shorter this time, tried to pull it away but couldn't get the timing right.
39.4 W Blinkhorn to Chukwu
Out! A huge mistimed pull shot, the ball balloons in the air and Caulfield takes an easy catch straight down his throat

Back