• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unfortunately football is a game of mistake error an opportunity an Goalies even world class legends make gaffs catching kicking an being out of position for me Daniels has stepped up to the plate for us done his best for us and remember how young he is i think he has done a blooming good job while still learning his trade and we have been lucky to have him and even
tho i like Morris very much if we could keep him which i doubt he would be a long term asset

Why must there always be a scapegoat :'(

Daniels has been fantastic for us, and i'll bet he will be when he lines up against Cheltenham at the weekend

Why must there always be a scapegoat :'(

Daniels has been fantastic for us, and i'll bet he will be when he lines up against Cheltenham at the weekend

That's the way of football fans mate. I couldn't go last night, but in the games I've seen Daniels in he's been more than adequate, and until last night he hadn't lost a game for SUFC. Another thing is that people have very short term memories the double save near the end at Dagenham saved us 2 points.

Besides which and I am not denigrating Daniel Bentley I doubt if we would have maintained the unbeaten run with him in goal.

Glad to see I'm not alone in my opinion of Daniels, he's been a great signing for the club. If we can keep him til the end of the season then I'd be more than happy with that, if not then Morris is more than capable and I hope the wages saved on Daniels go towards a renewed effort to get Benson in January.

Glad to see I'm not alone in my opinion of Daniels, he's been a great signing for the club. If we can keep him til the end of the season then I'd be more than happy with that, if not then Morris is more than capable and I hope the wages saved on Daniels go towards a renewed effort to get Benson in January.

One of the bonuses of the 3 extra games we have recently had is that the club will have taken in the region of 100k in gate receipts that they wouldn't have otherwise had. Ok the crowds have been relatively small, but the club would have also taken some money from the bars, food outlets & the shop. While this won't pay off the debts it will help in the day to day running of the club, and potentially help with new signings or keeping players in January.

Said this to my mate last night that I've been disappointed at his kicking and commanding the six yard box. I feel that Morris is the more reliable goalie out of the two, even if Daniels is the better shot stopper. Morris's kicking is a lot better and actually aims for someone. When I watch Daniels kick, it just looks like he's aimlessly punting it up there.

Daniels is a decent keeper and in my opinion maybe on par if not slightly better than Morris. Both are decent but neither of them are spectacular.

At the start of his spell (Barnet aside) he was very good, made some cracking saves and his kicking was decent. Throughout though, I have been disappointed with his lack of command in his box and also throughout his spell I think it is evident that he does not communicate with the defence as well as Morris. Been a couple of incidents each match where he get's a rollicking from Phillips, Barker and Gilbert for not taking charge of situations.

Been a decent loan signing but not fussed if he returns after the loan finishes.

i play in goal and can tell you for sure morris is head and shoulders above him. i also stated on here when luke first came to sufc that his kicking wasnt up to football league standards, morris for me in my opinion is number 1 here at this club and when he is ready to return will be number 1 with luke going home. he has done well for us and we are greatful for him but he is not better than morris. people see him making saves and say he has made a decent save, yes he kept it out but the lack of holding shots where other keepers would worries me.

Can't believe the criticism from some on here, so we've let in a goal or two recently...I'll think that's been more down to poor defending or luck than Daniels! The only goal I take issue with him over was that awful one at Dagenham! Goodness, even Adam Federici let goals in when he was here!

My only criticism of Daniels, is that it's a bit route one - always a long kick out from goal. The number of times Clohessy was looking for a quick throw out last night was unbelievable.

Afraid I'm not a big Morris fan and I too reckon Daniels had no chance with the 1st goal. Seems modern day keepers don't come for balls throgh a crowd of players. Federici was good but even he opted to stay on his line more often than not.

We need to attempt to bring Daniels in come january he is a class act and apart from 1 goal last night he has been very solid in between the sticks for us. Morris has come into his own this season after a bad start last season. But great competition for places I must say.
We should look to sign Daniels come january on a permanent and let the youngster bentley out on loan

No keeper would have had time to come for the second goal. It was knocked in at just above head height from quite deep and deflected of the haed of the Swindon player straight in the corner. Does kick long though when he could roll it out easy. though would you trust our defence and roll the ball to them.

PS has stated he does not like the ball rolled out to defenders, he wants it in their half ASAP.

Is this the same keeper that has let in only 7 in the last 10 games. Of which we have won 6 of them AND he has won us the game a couple of times.

Is Morris fully fit? If not, there is no point, especially as he probably has to play a certain amount of games.

It's nice trying to find things to moan about though, I have to say, instead of there being endless lists of things to moan about!

UP THE BLUES!

PS has stated he does not like the ball rolled out to defenders, he wants it in their half ASAP.
IF he is playing to orders then that is what he must do or PS drops him simple as that ,its not pretty tho is it.

IF he is playing to orders then that is what he must do or PS drops him simple as that ,its not pretty tho is it.

The first half against Swindon, was very pretty though, and probably the best football we've played! Silky touches, small passes. Was excellent stuff!

Back