• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes?

• Total voters

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
If one has to go out the exit door in January who's your money on?

There's only one way to find out.......

I don't get where some people have got that Gilbert hates Mohsni. Mohsni said he got angry that Gilbert didn't shake his hand, but Gilbert never said anything about Mohsni.

Even the clashes in the tunnel said that he "clashed with team-mates", so it wasn't just one person he apparently clashed with.

Back on the topic, it would be hard to pick who has to go. Mohsni is a terrific talent and gives the crowd a bit of a lift when he plays, but his antics and discipline was acceptable at the start of his Southend career, but now it is a bit tiresome and seems to be annoying some of his team mates. I don't buy that we should keep him because he shows his passion. Barrett showed his passion too and so did Macca, when we were winning, but still wouldn't have them back at the moment.

Gilbert, on the other hand, seems like there is a footballer in there somewhere as he won POTY with Northampton, but doesn't seem to be showing that at all.

In the end, it all depends about whether we can get a decent replacement or not.

If one has to go out the exit door in January who's your money on?

There's only one way to find out.......

i dont understand the point of the thread- its not Gilberts fault that Moshni got sent off and then had a paddy. I want Moshni to stay, but not for one second am I blaming Gilbert for last week. If Barker or Timlin had been interviewed they may have said the same as Gilbert . and there would not be as much grief being dished out.

Purely based on football reasons...Gilbert who is about as useful as a chocolate frying pan.

This is a bad thread as already said but if I had to choose then mohsni, just because we only have 2 left backs at the club so if Prosser got injured we'd be dead without Gilbert, no matter how rubbish he is at passing/hoofing. (Before someone says it, no Mohsni should not play left back)

There's certainly no love lost between them in Facebook is anything to go by, though Moshni could do with a little exercise in keeping things to himself.

This is a bad thread as already said but if I had to choose then mohsni, just because we only have 2 left backs at the club so if Prosser got injured we'd be dead without Gilbert, no matter how rubbish he is at passing/hoofing. (Before someone says it, no Mohsni should not play left back)

Mohsni would play LB....simples

If I had to make a choice between the two it would come down to purely football reasons.
Do I prefer a player who seems to be able to tackle, win the ball in the air 90% of the time, play the ball on the deck more often than not and, crucially, get the ball not only within ten yards of a blue/cherry shirt but more often than not to the player in that shirt when he makes the pass as opposed to a player who doesn't seem to have, or at least show, those abilities; mmmmmmm, let me think.

OK, decided.

Sorry, Eric.:thumbdown:

As I've said previously, whilst we mostly prefer Mohsni, if he's breaking the dressing room, he has to go.

Could Mohsni play full back? He has the defensive attributes, as well as the skill/attacking part of his game, and his errors would be less dangerous than when at CB? He has the pace and would be good in the air?

I don't think that he is good enough on the ball to be a winger or forward, but at full back he would be able to utilise the best bits of his game, as well as having the advantage of his aerial power and still be able to get forward and cause problems that way.

Simples?

Could Mohsni play full back? He has the defensive attributes, as well as the skill/attacking part of his game, and his errors would be less dangerous than when at CB? He has the pace and would be good in the air?

I don't think that he is good enough on the ball to be a winger or forward, but at full back he would be able to utilise the best bits of his game, as well as having the advantage of his aerial power and still be able to get forward and cause problems that way.

Simples?
Is aerial power needed as much on the wings, that is usually required to stop crosses, but on the left you are trying to stop the cross ever happening, I'm not sure how good Bilel is at blocking crosses coming in which is why I wouldn't play him there. I still think he is best suited as a winger who only comes back to defend for set pieces. Gives him more freedom to move and positioning isn't as important (Bilel's weakest element imo)

Back