• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

galvatron1983

Schoolboy
My girlfriend managed to grab a car after a pay rise at her work and Im trying to persuade her to drive us to games at Roots Hall now its possible. Can you still park in the Roots Hall car park for a fiver? As Ive always travelled in by train from Stratford I never bothered to investigate before. The OWS has no info on parking at the ground as far I can see...

I think you can park at the school in Prittlewell chase for £5. To be honest you can park in the streets leading up to Roots Hall off the chase for free unless you are really late. I always done and if you dont mind a 5-10 mins walk you can park for free easily....

The roads between Fairfax Drive and Westborough Road are always good, if you pick a one-way one it saves the problems that occur when some idiot wants to play chicken in the other direction.

I always park at Aldi and walk up. It's not to far of a walk and if you go the back ways through shopland you avoid all the traffic.

I park at Rayleigh as it's free and hop on the train. I wouldn't advocate fair dodging as it's very naughty, but I've never seen a ticket inspector and there's no barriers at either station.

Just remember, everything south of West Road is pretty much residents only, which operates on a Saturday pm. The traffic wardens love it...

Yep I had at least 3 parking tickets there...the times and sides to park seem to change at random.

Cheers for the advice fellas, next home game Ill get there early and have a snoop about the streets in and around Rootsie, should be able to find something.

You can't park in RH anyway, you have to have a car park season ticket or permission to park (as a sponsor or using the boxes etc). We normally park in Gainsborough Drive or MacDonald Drive without any problem.

or you could try the parking at the Civic Centre, Victoria Avenue but it is a pay and display car park.
Word of warning the parking wardens are over zealous in Southend and becareful of the "spycar"

My mum lives on Oaken Grange Drive and we park there (only a 10 minute walk from RH) and we normally get a cup of tea and a sandwich when we come down. You are quite welcome to join us for a tenner.

My mum lives on Oaken Grange Drive and we park there (only a 10 minute walk from RH) and we normally get a cup of tea and a sandwich when we come down. You are quite welcome to join us for a tenner.

I live there as well! You must run there as it takes us about 15-20 mins to get there!

Back