• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jericho19

He's been coming in for some stick of late (and maybe rightly so) but Peter Gilbert is his own worst critic according to his latest blog post. This is well worth reading to give you an idea how badly some of the players take defeat
http://goo.gl/OZir1

He probably tries too hard, and needs to relax a bit.

IMO up till the signing of David Martin he has not had a midfield player in front of him who he can trust to back him up or protect him, al la Hall / Leonard and Clohessy. Players like Timlin and Grant who drift towards the middle and Mohsni who is not really a midfield player are not the type of player that a full back would like in front of them as they would feel exposed all of the time. Lets hope things change for him now.

I agree with that. Gilbert and Martin could just be the answer to
our left side inconsistencies.

He knows he's been rubbish lately. I just wish he would spend a couple of hours after training for a few days and practise his passing out of defence. Giving the ball to the opposition is his biggest fault.
It's something he can work on if he can be bothered to.

He knows he's been rubbish lately. I just wish he would spend a couple of hours after training for a few days and practise his passing out of defence. Giving the ball to the opposition is his biggest fault.
It's something he can work on if he can be bothered to.

Apologies for questioning you, but are sure he doesn't do this or are you just assuming?

He knows he's been rubbish lately. I just wish he would spend a couple of hours after training for a few days and practise his passing out of defence. Giving the ball to the opposition is his biggest fault. It's something he can work on if he can be bothered to.

I would suggest also that failing to get in a tackle and allowing wingers to drift past him is his biggest fault. A la Ritchie's goal last week, not exactly an isolated occurrence.

Back