• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No Jam Man I meant;
If we signed him which we still might not after a trial (that he might or might not have) then this signing would bring in 1000 more fans into the ground for the remaining games!

Do you not think?

Yes it certainly would bring in a few.

If it were to happen hopefully it would help pitch side as well.

Big IFs though based on his fitness by the sound of it.

It would make sense but his wages would be a problem unless Coventry paid. Lets face it crowds are down on what they need to be to break even, way down. IF and it is a big if, Freddy were to sign till end of season you would surely be guaranteed at least 7-8k home gates. Add to that the goals have dried up in recent weeks, surely Mr Lockett can see the pound signs in his eyes from such a deal!

Not only that but more importantly Eastwood COULD (if he signed) be the one to help us over the line in terms of top 3, and I have a feeling it's essential we get out of this league this season. I wouldn't expect Freddy to be the player he was, however even if he is half the player he would still be a big asset in this division. And who knows, if moving back to the club he had great success at makes him happy then we may see a different Freddy to that which Coventry fans have seen lately.

It's all ifs and buts however if we were to pull off a loan move (with Coventry subsidising the majority of his wage) it would be a shrewd piece of business financially re attendances and also I suspect on the pitch too......

Here's hoping.

Yes it certainly would bring in a few.

If it were to happen hopefully it would help pitch side as well.

Big IFs though based on his fitness by the sound of it.

Yeah! He might not be fit enough for the Championship! Everything we are hearing about his fitness etc is Chinese whispers to be honest! Managers opinion being interpreted by a journalist, being interpreted by posters on here and Coventry fans, etc it's hard to know what is exactly going on! I trust PS to judge!

Please FRED! Please! Ha! A squad strike force of Dicko, Benyon, Harris, Eastwood, Vine and maybe Corr if he is ever able to get fit again!

Well if Freddy meant our crowd increased by 500 thats £5000 extra each home game so surely would pay for itself if we were paying 2000 a week ?

Cov are pretty desperate to get rid at this stage. Freddy's not even been on their bench for the last couple of games. With deadline day approaching I reckon there could be a bargain to be had, there.

His Career has taken a nose dive since leaving us and he must thunk about the good times and we are the old local club

attendance vs aldersh*t would raise by 750 minimum

we have taken the season ticket money now so we can fund a last push over the line into league one, freddy and rowan could be a partnership to be reckoned with IMO

I saw Eastwood the other day in Bas.. he was noshing a burger while driving out of the industrial estate in a rather nice Audi.
Good diet

Looking at Chris' tweets he's saying that it's Andy Thorn who has said that he doesn't expect Eastwood to play for us today and that he's now trying to get hold of Freddy himself to see if he's keen to join us.

Sorry but this just smacks of ******** ... Andy Thorn is trying to get hold of Freddy etc ..

Has he looked at Coventrys training pitch ?? or does AT seriously not know how to get hold of one of his players

:tumbleweed:

The confusion there is my poor English language skills (a syntax error as my old C64 would say). The "he" who is trying to contact Fred is CP, not AT.

Sorry but this just smacks of ******** ... Andy Thorn is trying to get hold of Freddy etc ..

Has he looked at Coventrys training pitch ?? or does AT seriously not know how to get hold of one of his players

:tumbleweed:

Chris P is trying to get hold of Freddy, you dimlow.

The confusion there is my poor English language skills (a syntax error as my old C64 would say). The "he" who is trying to contact Fred is CP, not AT.

I'll forgive you Beefy .. i think you've been mixing with the potato munchers too much :smiles:

I saw Eastwood the other day in Bas.. he was noshing a burger while driving out of the industrial estate in a rather nice Audi.
Good diet

the following was taken from a Coventry Paper from Freddy himself so if you saw him noshing on a burger while driving a flash Audi he certainly is taking steps to get back to his normal fitness levels ..... Not

Quote:The Manager has told me a few home truths, that I am a little bit overweight and not quite fit enough.

"I need to look at that myself because I am old enough and professional enough to address that because it is not his fault that I’ve put a bit of weight on.” Unquote

Back