• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Many players wanted to see the back of Bilel so I hope his return won't affect morale again. A shame you have to consider this as Bilel is a great talent on his day.

I honestly don't think Luggy knows his best 11. He's hinted at this when he stated in the Echo he's tried many systems, especially home, and none appear to have worked consistently in recent months.

ok lets say we make the playoffs not the autos what place do we need to get to if we are to get the away leg first .Hopefully thats will give us an advantage with our away form .

Depends who the other three are. On their day I think we'd struggle with Chelts and Crawley.

To get the away leg first I think you have to finish 4th or 6th. If you finish 4th you play 5th placed away, 6th and then you play 7th placed team away.

To get the away leg first I think you have to finish 4th or 6th. If you finish 4th you play 5th placed away, 6th and then you play 7th placed team away.
I thought 4th played 7th and 5th played 6th? If thats the case I'd guess that 4th and 5th play the away leg first as it gives them the advantage if it goes to extra time in the second leg.

Yeah ! most likley to make play offs. But without some better form its pointless as we are not going anywhere with ps dishing up negative dross footy, that will not win us games.
And ps still beleives in his home tactics and i dont expect him to change against chelt. Only hope freddy can work his magic ?

Following Bristol Rovers and Aldershot, it is certainly far more important than it should have been. We now have seven more games in order to prepare ourselves for the play-offs and Luggy is running out of time in his attempts to find a settled first eleven and a style of play which is successful. For me the most important games which remain are Cheltenham, Torquay and Oxford.....any of these three could be play-off opponents and we desperately need to show an improvement in form against the better sides of this League, to give us confidence and hope when we play those final (hopefully) three matches.

Got some opponent stats here from my Twitter page:
  • Cheltenham have taken 4 points from their last 6 away games.
  • Cheltenham do however have the 3rd best away record in the league, taking 35 points from 19 games.
  • March has been a dismal month for Cheltenham. They would sit 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] if the league were composed of just this month.
  • Cheltenham’s main danger man Duffy has netted 15 league goals for the club this season.
  • Unfortunately for Southend, Cheltenham have scored more goals beyond the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute (8) than at any other period of the game.
  • Many have complained about Southend’s performances against the top teams, but Cheltenham have the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] best record against teams in the top half of the table.
  • Cheltenham have now gone 4 games without scoring.

Got some opponent stats here from my Twitter page:

• Cheltenham have taken 4 points from their last 6 away games.
  • Cheltenham do however have the 3rd best away record in the league, taking 35 points from 19 games.
  • March has been a dismal month for Cheltenham. They would sit 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] if the league were composed of just this month.
  • Cheltenham’s main danger man Duffy has netted 15 league goals for the club this season.
  • Unfortunately for Southend, Cheltenham have scored more goals beyond the 85[SUP]th[/SUP] minute (8) than at any other period of the game.
  • Many have complained about Southend’s performances against the top teams, but Cheltenham have the 14[SUP]th[/SUP] best record against teams in the top half of the table.
  • Cheltenham have now gone 4 games without scoring.

We're going to get spanked. :sad:

Back