• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

r16sby

Schoolboy
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by r16sby
Burton home was 4,794 - I counted them in and I counted them back out again.

I've sat here for ages composing my optimistic viewpoint.

On another point I noticed that out biggest home gate was 9782 odd against Morecambe (if not the furthest then very nearly) whereas at their place the gate was less than 2,000. That doesn't make sense?

It was football for a fiver that game...

==================================

Interesting. I bet 9782 was a rockin' occasion.

I suppose the Chairman has considered all of the possibilities about shuffling the ticket prices, i.e. whether it is beneficial to reduce ticket charges in order to increase the gate and thus enthuse a roaring crowd.

As predicted, last night we had a gate well in excess of 6000 and thankfully the boys played up to the extra 'roar'.

Re: Morecambe, if the non season ticket holders got in for a fiver, how does it sit with the die-hards who forked out for the season ticket.

Die hards who forked out £350+ last season in March/April last year will be extremely p*s$ed off. Had it be known that individual match tickets were gonna be cheaper as you suggest then most people would do it that way. There is a recession out there and even though those people would probably turn up on a regular basis, there would be a few needed quid in the punters pockets. As much as we want to see SUFC financially stable, we have to take care of ourselves too and that takes priority.

If we get into play-offs instead of auto's then I think we should do the £5...

If we get into play-offs instead of auto's then I think we should do the £5...

Bad business decision.

The club needs money, we will get a good crowd for the game anyway so why lose money by giving them away for a fiver?

Die hards who forked out £350+ last season in March/April last year will be extremely p*s$ed off. Had it be known that individual match tickets were gonna be cheaper as you suggest then most people would do it that way. There is a recession out there and even though those people would probably turn up on a regular basis, there would be a few needed quid in the punters pockets. As much as we want to see SUFC financially stable, we have to take care of ourselves too and that takes priority.

But it always happens, they always do special deals every year and rightly so for PR.

The benefits of a season ticket arent just cheaper tickets, guaranteed seat, convenience etc.

But it always happens, they always do special deals every year and rightly so for PR.

The benefits of a season ticket arent just cheaper tickets, guaranteed seat, convenience etc.
When the ground is bearly half full a guaranteed seat is hardly a worry! Still cant move my seat after renewing my season ticket before the cut off date so to me no benefit in having one :unsure:

On another positive angle, an STH (Season Ticket Holder) would be first in-line for limited tickets if and when an away cup tie came about.

If feasible perhaps a 15% discount for STH's who renew for their third successive year, which would help to offset these P.R. exercises and reward loyalty.

And we wouldn't want the club to take the die-hards revenues for granted or even worse still, to 'invest' the anticipated/advance STH monies to pay overdue tax bills or the like!

Yes, I am a seasoned doubter.....it's more realistic.

If a ground is barely half full then logic dictates that if they want to have more people turning up then the club have to do deals. Simple law of economics, demand and supply.

Supporters have rightly been concerned and monthly losses. Would they rather continue with that, though, or have the level of debt reduced by getting more gate income?

I'd rather have an extra thousand people paying a fiver, with the prospect of also increasing programme and food revenues, if that is what it takes to get them through the door.

If a ground is barely half full then logic dictates that if they want to have more people turning up then the club have to do deals. Simple law of economics, demand and supply.

Supporters have rightly been concerned and monthly losses. Would they rather continue with that, though, or have the level of debt reduced by getting more gate income?

I'd rather have an extra thousand people paying a fiver, with the prospect of also increasing programme and food revenues, if that is what it takes to get them through the door.
Not if your paying £350 a year. keep doing games for a fiver and more people wont renew!

Stats for where tickets for £5 were offered

Morecame Home Sat 15/10 Crowd 9782
1 week later Torquay Home Sat 22/10 Crowd 5425

Crawley Home Tues 5/3 Crowd 5439
5 Days later Accrington Home Sat 10/3 Crowd 5954

Now the Crawley game figure will be slightly distorted as it was on TV but the proof is that tickets for £5 make no difference long term because the average league crowds this season are around the 6000 level.
The cup games are much less than that with a top crowd of 4847 and that was a local derby v Orient!

What is the difference in price for away matches?

As a student I pay £16 (£21 usually?) at Roots Hall, where as away at Preston and Macclesfield I paid £4..

Let see if we dont make the top 3 and we play the first leg of the playoffs away .And lets say we win 2-0 away will we get a massive crowd for the second leg at home so fans get involved be for wembley will it be a fiver then NO I dont think so .

What is the difference in price for away matches?

As a student I pay £16 (£21 usually?) at Roots Hall, where as away at Preston and Macclesfield I paid £4..

Really??

My son is a student and up until Christmas, when I got him a half seaso, I was buying his tickets. I think you need to go and have a word with the Ticket Office and get yourself a refund because the price for students is £12 in advance, £14 on the day, for all parts of the ground; if you're paying £16 then whoever you're buying your ticket off is ripping you off! :facepalm:

The only £16 ticket at Roots Hall is an on the day ticket for an additional adult in the Family Stand, £15 in advance.

At Preston, normal League prices for students start at £10 and go up to £17 depending on part of the ground you're in. Might have been a fiver for our game because it was FA Cup and they do some special days with students at £5....

Personally happy to see the hall full. The £350 you write off ultimately at the start of the season.

If the extra bodies help in any way, shape or form to get us up then I am all for it.

Not if your paying £350 a year. keep doing games for a fiver and more people wont renew!

Fine then, let the club charge full whack and losses continue at a sizeable monthly rate. That's the stark choice.

I have no doubt that some season ticket holders are of the view that nothing which could put money into the club should be allowed unless either they give prior approval or it benefits them before anyone else. I'm afraid, though, it's that sort of attitude which stymies progress and good PR.

As an STH, I don't have any objection to having incentivised ticket prices at certain times however, please don't treat us STHs as mugs and give us something back for our continued re-investment. Subsidised shirt for next season or maybe a draw once a month for tickets to the Blues Lounge?

I am a long standing season ticket holder. I have no objection to the Club by whatever means attempt to get more fans into the ground. The Club did reduce prices for season ticket holders for some of the Cup matches which went down well. The benefits of being a season ticket holder quite simply it saves me a lot of hassle arranging tickets on a match to match basis. Priority for Cup matches and away matches where seats are limited. Discount in the Club Shop etc. The only thing I object to is the Club asking for money earlier and earlier each year. That has to stop !

Fine then, let the club charge full whack and losses continue at a sizeable monthly rate. That's the stark choice.

I have no doubt that some season ticket holders are of the view that nothing which could put money into the club should be allowed unless either they give prior approval or it benefits them before anyone else. I'm afraid, though, it's that sort of attitude which stymies progress and good PR.
So are you saying sell tickets for a fiver to people that go half a dozen times a season .And make season card holders pay full price ? A lot of season card holders struggle to renew each year

I was a season ticket holder 3 seasons ago. I could forsee that all i had to do was take a kid with me and get in for £11 for one

game, A subsidised 'Sun ticket' for another game, wait for a deal for £5 for a game or two, and any savings you have made by buying a season card are wiped out. The only thing a season card is guaranteeing you a seat where you want to sit. Well I want to sit in the North bank (or stand) so it doesn't apply to me.

My reason for wanting a 'Bradford' style season ticket pricing is, that supporters would almost have to buy a card in case the ground sells out. (bradford average over 10,000 at home) and have had over 17,000 this season.

The only benefit I can see is IF you draw Man U in the cup (or similar) when you get first chance of a ticket. Slim chance in my opinion, as we have only drawn them once in our history. Not worth the gamble, investment or commitment, and the financial layout of payment in advance in my opinion, and because of these reasons I will not be getting a season card next season either.

Back