• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Anyone know when the bans concerning Clohessy and Benyon will officially be known by the authorities?

I assume they are missing on monday.

I'd assume that Clohessy will only get one game. Benyon will get three for violent conduct.

I think that but when will the FL confirm this? Tuesday? surely they'll have to let the Club know before Wimbledon.

Both players will be banned for Monday regardless. The only reason I can think of that would increase either ban was that Clohessy has already been sent off once this season (I think?) so that may increase his ban by a game I suppose. Either way they're banned for the Wimbledon match.

Clohessy hasn't been sent off this season before yesterday. He's just played his 100th consecutive game for us.

His only other dismissal came against Bradford last season.

It'll be a 1 game ban for Sean and 3 for Benyon.

Clohessy hasn't been sent off this season before yesterday. He's just played his 100th consecutive game for us.

His only other dismissal came against Bradford last season.

It'll be a 1 game ban for Sean and 3 for Benyon.

Hmmm.......

On SSN, both sendings off came up with the reason "Violent Conduct", so I think we will have to wait for confirmation from the club. I've not seen them yet, presumably I'll have to wait for the FL show.

Hmmm.......

On SSN, both sendings off came up with the reason "Violent Conduct", so I think we will have to wait for confirmation from the club. I've not seen them yet, presumably I'll have to wait for the FL show.

That's the impression I had, so both should be 3 games.

Clohessy wasn't violent conduct - it was for stopping an obvious goal scoring opportunity ( or whatever they call that offence these days!) so it'll be a one game ban- not sure if that gets increased as he has already served a suspension for 5 yellows this season. Benyon's will be 3 games for violent conduct.

Right, I havent seen them but listened to BBC Essex during the game. Clohessy gave away a penalty, the referee deemed him to be the last man although some say he wasnt and the ball was going away from goal, so the ref sent him off. No matter what SSN say's, in the laws of the game that is a 1 match ban. Benyon was sent off for violent conduct although knowone seemed to see it, that is a 3 match ban.

Why is it every time a shrimper see's red they assume its a 3 match ban, we had all this when Barker was sent off for handball.

When someone recieves a red card for:
2 yellows = 1 match ban
Deliberate handball = 1 match ban
Denying a clear goalscoring chance =1 match ban
Violent conduct = 3 match ban
Serious foul play, i.e 2 footed tackle studs showing =3 match ban
Foul and abusive language towards a match official or even a spectator = 1-3 match ban dependant on seriousness match ban.

If you appeal and the F.A decide its frivalous then they can add a further match ban for wasting their time and the F.A can add further bans if they feel that the violent conduct its really bad.

A further match ban is added to a player for each red card if they had already been sent off in the same season.

Clohessy wasn't violent conduct - it was for stopping an obvious goal scoring opportunity ( or whatever they call that offence these days!) so it'll be a one game ban- not sure if that gets increased as he has already served a suspension for 5 yellows this season. Benyon's will be 3 games for violent conduct.

As already mentioned in this thread Clohessy has just played his 100th consecutive game, therefore he has not been suspended already this season.

Clohessy's was not violent conduct. He didn't punch, headbutt or kick anyone.

He stopped a 'clear goalscoring chance' which is a one game ban.

Benyon was an idiot and I'd love th see the reaction from some people if a certain Frenchman had done what he did!

As already mentioned in this thread Clohessy has just played his 100th consecutive game, therefore he has not been suspended already this season.

I don't know why but I thought he had been suspended. But I'm fairly sure it was 100 appearances recently but not 100 consecutive appearances.

Chris Phillips has tweeted this morning 1 match ban for Clohessy and 3 for Benyon.

Clohessy will have one game and Benyon 3 but I would appeal against Benyon because I didn't see him do anything? did anyone else I must have been looking elsewhere because the only thing I saw was Benyon on the floor?:unsure:

Back