• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
The Blue Voice committee have remained in close contact during this close season and all agreed it was time for a fresh approach with a new logo.

The new logo will be going on flags and merchandise.

We've whittled it down to 4 options which are below.

We put it to you, the fans to decide our new logo.

The poll will run for 7 days and at the end of that time the logo with the most votes will win.

Logo 1
op3795.jpg

Logo 2
264mf0z.jpg

Logo 3
2qsz0bs.jpg

Logo 4
33e056v.png

I'd say logo 3. However one thing that would bug me is the shape of "Southend United FC" at the bottom - I think it would look better if the space between that and the edge of the circle was even. At the moment it's not as rounded as the circle. Also, the waves in the background don't look the same as in the club crest.

Just nit-picking though, that's a top effort. :thumbsup:

I'd say logo 3. However one thing that would bug me is the shape of "Southend United FC" at the bottom - I think it would look better if the space between that and the edge of the circle was even. At the moment it's not as rounded as the circle. Also, the waves in the background don't look the same as in the club crest.

Just nit-picking though, that's a top effort. :thumbsup:

I see what you're saying, which is why I prefer option 2 with just 'Southend United', it looks more rounded. As when adding the 'FC' it needed to arc more which then started to distort the text a little and drag it out.

I can't see the images - They all have an x running through them! I am at work - something to do with that perhaps?

The Blue Voice committee have remained in close contact during this close season and all agreed it was time for a fresh approach with a new logo.

The new logo will be going on flags and merchandise.

We've whittled it down to 4 options which are below.

We put it to you, the fans to decide our new logo.

The poll will run for 7 days and at the end of that time the logo with the most votes will win.

Logo 1
op3795.jpg

Logo 2
264mf0z.jpg

Logo 3
2qsz0bs.jpg

Logo 4
33e056v.png

Nothing to do with me really as the Blue Voice is not my particular thing, but on all the possible logos the silhouette characters look to me more like a mob than a group of football fans. Maybe intentional.

Nothing to do with me really as the Blue Voice is not my particular thing, but on all the possible logos the silhouette characters look to me more like a mob than a group of football fans. Maybe intentional.

Interesting view there Mick.

Can I ask how you have come to that conclusion?

All I see is fans celebrating and waving a few flags?

I'd like to see the silhouette be just Trueblue alá his TV debut in January Away vs Northants

I see what you're saying, which is why I prefer option 2 with just 'Southend United', it looks more rounded. As when adding the 'FC' it needed to arc more which then started to distort the text a little and drag it out.
First of all AB, fantastic effort on these. Look really professional and stylish. Top work.

I went for number three but I did have the same thought as Jack. On the final logo that will need to be changed otherwise it'll just look odd. I prefer Southend United FC to without the FC (as that just doesn't work for me for some reason), but as I say it would need to be rounded properly to work.

Can I ask what program you've made these on?

First of all AB, fantastic effort on these. Look really professional and stylish. Top work.

I went for number three but I did have the same thought as Jack. On the final logo that will need to be changed otherwise it'll just look odd. I prefer Southend United FC to without the FC (as that just doesn't work for me for some reason), but as I say it would need to be rounded properly to work.

Can I ask what program you've made these on?

Photoshop CS5

Personally, I would say #1. Am I alone in thinking it looks as though Scooby Do's head is being carried aloft?

Guy on the extreme right looks a little as if he's pointing a gun in the air.....of course, it could be a flare.....

:winking:

Oh...and no. 3 for me

Reckon it's the chaps coming out of the Spread with those 2 scum shirts that got the full treatment.
Logo 3 for me,top work people.UTB

Not sure, that's just how it looks to me . Not a conclusion, just an impression.

But yes, eastblack I see it now. Bet you do well on Rorschach tests !

Back