• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interesting updates from the trial.

It's alleged that John Terry "used words based on Anton Ferdinand's membership of a racial group, allegedly said in response to a physical gesture from Ferdinand relating to his well publicised alleged affair with a teammate's wife".
It's been claimed that "Terry called Anton Ferdinand black, not in isolation but surrounded by highly offensive swearwords, that John Terry doesn't deny saying those words, that the defense saw this as 'exagerrated sarcasm', while the prosecution saw the words as 'offensive and insulting' ".
(Paraphrased from Sky Sports News report).

Racism is racism and thus unacceptable, that is my fundamental belief. However, this begs the question: Is it really acceptable to purposely insult/offend/anger someone, then look to prosecute for being insulted/offended/angered in return, albeit with an escalation in the response.

While society is correct in seeking to stamp out racism in every guise, this just seems very wrong to me. I can't make up my mind whether Terry's stupidity will be used to make an example or whether Ferdinand is putting the cause even further back. Is what happened really any different to aggressively jabbing someone in the arm and then complaining when they punch you in the face?

BTW, I don't know the full details of the case beyond what was reported above as I haven't been swayed by any of the salacious news coverage either way as they themselves don't know the facts.

what a waste of court time. No prospect of jail and only max £2,500 fine.

They're both morons.

Disagree - This has the potential to ruin Terry's future earnings and on that basis I am happy to pay my taxes to make this court case go ahead! :stunned:

Okay, why so?

If he is found guilty of racism then it will ruin his future earnings, sponsorships etc.

For me, it would confirm my dislike for him and it would make me happy that there is some justice for a high end thug of the game. However, I only want the truth to prevail and justice to follow.

If he is innocent then this is put to bed but I have never liked the bloke for the way he used to get in the refs face, for his dirty in game tactics, for allegedly cheating on his wife, for being at west ham as a schoolboy, for having a father who got nicked for dealing drugs and for earning a stupid amount of money for kicking a ball !!

Interesting updates from the trial.

It's alleged that John Terry "used words based on Anton Ferdinand's membership of a racial group, allegedly said in response to a physical gesture from Ferdinand relating to his well publicised alleged affair with a teammate's wife".
It's been claimed that "Terry called Anton Ferdinand black, not in isolation but surrounded by highly offensive swearwords, that John Terry doesn't deny saying those words, that the defense saw this as 'exagerrated sarcasm', while the prosecution saw the words as 'offensive and insulting' ".
(Paraphrased from Sky Sports News report).

Fundamental flaw in Ferdinand's argument....it was a colleague's EX-wife, something I think far too many people seem to forget. I really hate how so many people think they can get away with being unpleasant and then hide behind the race card when the tables are turned. If Ferdinand hadn't have gobbed off at Terry, Terry wouldn't have given it back.

Case dismissed as a total waste of time, Ferdinand to pay costs for not being big enough to take back what he was prepared to dish out.

The way I see it Ferdinand is black and just happends to be a **** .......................truth hurts and all that

Last edited by a moderator:
If i shouted out .. "do one blackie" at a football match (ie not swearing) i'd possibly be arrested and charged for racism, and banned from football

if a black fella shouted "do one whitey" would he be treated the same ??

Not really.

So, if you'd split up with your missus and someone you knew then started a relationship with her, that would be the same as if you hadn't split up and she had an affair with the person? :nope: I think not.

If i shouted out .. "do one blackie" at a football match (ie not swearing) i'd possibly be arrested and charged for racism, and banned from football

if a black fella shouted "do one midgit" would he be treated the same ??

I feel whitey doesnt have the same effect as the above :smile:

So, if you'd split up with your missus and someone you knew then started a relationship with her, that would be the same as if you hadn't split up and she had an affair with the person? :nope: I think not.

There's an unwritten rule that means you don't play in a mates field, even if he doesn't own the land anymore

There's an unwritten rule that means you don't play in a mates field, even if he doesn't own the land anymore

That's assuming you have morals which is something we already all know a lot of these players don't! How does that apply then to the partners of serial wags then, those who've had affairs/flings with several players?!

Back