• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Love all but gone.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mentioned the other day my own low point in supporting Southend was early 2000s, picked up again when Tilly became manager and has not decreased since.
I wonder if low points are just about SUFC events on or off the pitch affecting the club or are non-football related issues in our own lives just as likely to be an influence?

I'm a week shy of 50 years supporting SUFC. As others have pointed out it's not so much falling out of love with the club, it's football in general. In those monochrome days of the 60's we got probably one live match a season, the FA Cup Final, highlights of a couple of matches on Match of the Day.

It has now reached saturation point with wall to wall football. The FA or Football League don't run the game anymore the TV companies and to a lesser extent the Old Bill do.

Daft question. 100% til I die. True supporters of any club support them through thick thin. 33 years on from my first game my son is now forth generation shrimper. It's in our blood and much of time it's not easy supporting a lower league side but it makes the good times that little bit more special. Despite current issues I can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday. I have four true loves in life my wife, my two kids and Southend.

In 48 + years of supporting it's still the club for me. Was 7 or 8 the first game I went to in the 60's standing on the old south bank.

In 48 + years of supporting it's still the club for me. Was 7 or 8 the first game I went to in the 60's standing on the old south bank.
Hi, I lived in Cyprus for 10 years 91-2001, wher are you? We moved around a bit, all in the Paphos District. COYBB

I fell out of love with football a few years ago. Still love SUFC but it's like a marriage rather than the early days when everything was all new and exciting. I could continue this metaphor in a lot more graphic detail, but this is a family board.

See there is the typical lefty give up and moan

How is it give up? I still care passionately about SUFC, but should I care about a bloated boring Premiership? A national team that is embarrassing to watch at the major tournaments and full of extremely average players. If John Terry, Wayne Rooney at al had 1% of the pride and passion of Jess Ennis, Mo Farah and every British competitor at the Olympics then maybe it'd be different, but all they care about is super injuctions and their next Baby Bentley.

How is it give up? I still care passionately about SUFC, but should I care about a bloated boring Premiership? A national team that is embarrassing to watch at the major tournaments and full of extremely average players. If John Terry, Wayne Rooney at al had 1% of the pride and passion of Jess Ennis, Mo Farah and every British competitor at the Olympics then maybe it'd be different, but all they care about is super injuctions and their next Baby Bentley.

Face it you gave up

I fell out of love with football a few years ago. Still love SUFC but it's like a marriage rather than the early days when everything was all new and exciting. I could continue this metaphor in a lot more graphic detail, but this is a family board.

I love Southend, but I'm not in love with Southend.

Back