• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

which is not a good enough return, yes there keeper made a few saves but I don't think they were particularly difficult ones.

Agreed.

Assambolonioninyourburger looked ok on the ball but no threat. Tomlin from that performance (and it is just one game of course) didnt look a threat.

I thought with a bit of cutting edge from the front two we would have walked it on Saturday but have no faith in that front line.

We contributed with some woeful finishing though. No one apart from hall looked like they would score. Need a fit Freddy asap.

This.

There were a couple of goal mouth scrambles which I've no doubt that had Freddy been on the pitch he would have smashed at least one away!

This.

There were a couple of goal mouth scrambles which I've no doubt that had Freddy been on the pitch he would have smashed at least one away!

Tomlins last minute chance Id put money on Harris or Freddy putting it away, although he did well to create the chance.

Not true at all as we ended the league season 2nd in the form table.

Whilst the play offs were a disappointment we were playing decent football and getting results.

Why the Tottenham friendly is being used as a yardstick for anything I dont know. If we say that shows we are in bad shape then the Ipswich result shows we are in great shape.

Peterborough are two divisions above us, again not any barometer for where we are.

Saturday was incredibly disappointing, but we created chances and shouldnt have lost that game, but we did. We still have a lot of players to come back to fitness.

I agree with your original post that the comments about losing first 4 games seem to indicate a lack of belief in where the squad is, but I think thats more down to the injury issues and lack of settled midfield.

There were positives from Saturday but I think with a couple of away games coming up we are going to take a while to get into our stride now.

He came to us unfit and had a knee problem that required surgery in the summer.

Not overly surpirsed he is struggling to get back to match fitness, time will tell if he can do so.

I sincerely hope you are right!! To me though, an awful lot of straw clutching.
One huge positive last year were the number of away wins and so the next couple of games will be interesting and a better indication of things.

As for Freddy. I again hope he can get fit and back to form. I am just looking at facts and not through rose tinted glasses. Coventry City did not think he could help them in a desperate relegation fight. He was not a regular in any Coventry City starting line-up for a long time, despite being an expensive member of staff. Why? I am guessing they viewed him as not fit enough and therefore not good enough.
5 months on...same here!

Football can amaze us...I hope Freddy amazes me.

I sincerely hope you are right!! To me though, an awful lot of straw clutching.
One huge positive last year were the number of away wins and so the next couple of games will be interesting and a better indication of things.

As for Freddy. I again hope he can get fit and back to form. I am just looking at facts and not through rose tinted glasses. Coventry City did not think he could help them in a desperate relegation fight. He was not a regular in any Coventry City starting line-up for a long time, despite being an expensive member of staff. Why? I am guessing they viewed him as not fit enough and therefore not good enough.
5 months on...same here!

Football can amaze us...I hope Freddy amazes me.

Not really clutching at straws, just not in despair over losing a game we were on top of to a team that barely threatened.

Coventry and Freddy is mute, it didnt work out for him there, but they are a Championship. Just because he didnt meet their requirements doesnt mean he wont meet ours.

He has it all to prove and hasnt played in a long time but going by what I saw Saturday Id still have him over anything else we have.

Not really clutching at straws, just not in despair over losing a game we were on top of to a team that barely threatened.

Coventry and Freddy is mute, it didnt work out for him there, but they are a Championship. Just because he didnt meet their requirements doesnt mean he wont meet ours.

He has it all to prove and hasnt played in a long time but going by what I saw Saturday Id still have him over anything else we have.

For sure, is way too early for despair. Lets hope we can start to build over the next two away games.

But as for Cov being a "mute" subject? Why?? So 99% of Coventry City staff and fans think Freddy was a disaster ..but we can stick our fingers in our ears and sing "la la la not listening, Freddy is great". Barking mad!!!
Freddy was great in 2006. Freddy has been ...not selected, injured or not very good...for a long time!
I hope you are right and I am wrong. But to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "it's MUTE" is bloody nonsense!

For sure, is way too early for despair. Lets hope we can start to build over the next two away games.

But as for Cov being a "mute" subject? Why?? So 99% of Coventry City staff and fans think Freddy was a disaster ..but we can stick our fingers in our ears and sing "la la la not listening, Freddy is great". Barking mad!!!
Freddy was great in 2006. Freddy has been ...not selected, injured or not very good...for a long time!
I hope you are right and I amn wroing. But to stick your fingers in your ears and shout "it's MUTE" is bloody nonsense!

Coventry are/were in the Championship, we are in League Two. Big difference.

Coventry are/were in the Championship, we are in League Two. Big difference.

But sadly...... FIVE months on and Freddy is neither fit enough or good enough.

How much longer will so many be saying "when Freddy is fit"? November? March? Next season? On and on it goes. Freddie getting fit is the new Fossets Farm...one day soon.

Back