• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday recommendations

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
I know I've probably posted this a few times already this year, but as some of you will know this year hasn't been easy for me so I'm travelling more than usual.

Can anyone recommend somewhere warm, fairly cheap but decent class (no ********s please), bit of nightlife always appreciated but not one for the 18-30's style, I prefer to work at it as it's more rewarding when you land it. Don't give a **** about culture, but would need the ladies to be tidy, bit of shopping, and decent drinks if all inclusive.

already done edinburgh, paris, rome, majorca, and egypt this year, got granada and lanzarote booked, so looking for somewhere else preferably!!

cheers x

Cologne in Germany is a great place if you want great drinks, decent shopping and more than tidy women. I visited in July and paid sixty-pound for a return flight from Gatwick. Accomodation is cheap, we stayed in a hostel, a shared room of 6 between my five friends and I, it came to sixty-pound for all four nights.

The beer is obviously great, they have their own unique style called Kolsch which comes in 20cl glasses. Drinking sessions are somewhat relentless. There is a great mix of quieter beer-houses (found along the river) and more lively bars in the downtown area of Cologne. In July it was very warm, around September-October Germany is pleasant, if a little rainy.

Other places I enjoyed visiting was Ljubjana in Slovenia, with an extra 3 day trip to the beautiful Lake Bled. Ljubjana is one of Europe's smallest capitals but makes up for it in drinking and beauty. Slovenia has a surprising range of alcohol, varying from some tasty beers to the dangerous 'beers blood'- sure to give you a fuzzy memory. The food is typically central/eastern European, lots of meat and stews. There is also a large Italian influence so it's not hard to find some good pizza which is also very cheap. On top of that their is a baltic/turkish contingent living in the city and as such you can find some of the best kebabs that I have tasted in Europe. Three nights in Ljubjana is an ample break. The locals are friendly and very helpful- we were taken to music festivals (which are held throughout the year, of which most are entirely free) and shown up to the castle which occupies the middle of the city.

If you were to do Ljubjana, you have to do Lake Bled. If relaxing, drinking and getting away from it then Lake Bled is perfect. For me, this most beautiful place I have come across in Europe.

http://www.crystalsummer.ie/dbimages/asset/696/v00/685/879.jpg

You can canoe, boat, swim, go hiking, visit gorges and more. A great place to escape for a few days.

Other places which are great this time of year; Prague, The Almalfi Coast (near Naples in Italy) and Vienna.

Hope some of this can be some help and you get a great trip booked up!

Porto Santo, classy, beautiful beaches and largely undiscovered by the noisier types.

Amsterdam wasnt on your list but nice and easy to get to. Krakow is good but Barna went there recently so I suppose English people are not welcome any more.

Amsterdam wasnt on your list but nice and easy to get to. Krakow is good but Barna went there recently so I suppose English people are not welcome any more.

Stevo,
Your windups are getting so predictable.:smiles:
We thoroughly enjoyed Krakow.Loads of culture,cheap beer,food and transport.Relatively cheap accomodation.What's not to like?

Cheers guys, done most of the above, apart from Krakow, Vienna, Prague, and Ljunbjana. Will look into them :-)

I know I've probably posted this a few times already this year, but as some of you will know this year hasn't been easy for me so I'm travelling more than usual.

Can anyone recommend somewhere warm, fairly cheap but decent class (no ********s please), bit of nightlife always appreciated but not one for the 18-30's style, I prefer to work at it as it's more rewarding when you land it. Don't give a **** about culture, but would need the ladies to be tidy, bit of shopping, and decent drinks if all inclusive.

already done edinburgh, paris, rome, majorca, and egypt this year, got granada and lanzarote booked, so looking for somewhere else preferably!!

cheers x

Dubai or Vilnius Lithuania

Back