• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Truth ( (Hillsborough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard T

First XI
When the headline of ‘The Truth’ was printed twenty three years ago Kelvin Mackenzie the then editor of the Sun probably never thought this day would really ever happen !.
A day when the real truth of this disaster was published and hopefully those responsible will be named and shamed.

The 96 people who just went to see there team play an important football and sadly paid for it with there lives can not be returned.
But hopefully thanks to there families and many other football fans including those of other clubs the truth should now be told and those really responsible will at the very least there name tarnished in the same way many genuine football fans have for this tragedy.

RIP
The 96

They would have to write a book to name and shame the thousands of ticketless liverpool fans who turned up and stormed the turnstyles/gate

I would never ever wish this to happen to anybody and this was a sad sad day in footballing history but I peronally feel the fans are number one to blame followed by the old bill.

I remembered when I traveled to Croatia to watch England play and 1000 ticketless fans stormed the gates it was complete madness and there was nothing the police who had 3 ft baterns and fans with tickets could do about it but go with the flow or move out the way... plus we had one turn style..... wasnt a nice experiance at all

Ridiculous, the police should be able to control a crowd, and in this day and age can.

If it was the fans fault why did the police change statements ?

The Police opened gates to allow fans to pour through, then stopped them leaving the other end and should have firstly prevented it and then been able to act quicker and more decisively when it happened.

Im sure a few of the fans had been drinking but I expect theres a few Southend fans who have had a drink before a game too. Just because they were in a hurry to get int he ground does not make it their fault.

There is blame with the fans too in my view

Cameron says otherwise and he seems a bit more clued up on this tragedy.

ttp://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-09-12/cameron-liverpool-fans-not-to-blame-for-hillsborough/

Cameron says otherwise and he seems a bit more clued up on this tragedy.

ttp://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2012-09-12/cameron-liverpool-fans-not-to-blame-for-hillsborough/

He was never going to say anything different....He says sorry for everything anyways!

Like I said the police are at fault too but for me in order of blame is:

1 Liverpool fans
2. Old Bill
3. The FA

Liverpool fans traveled without tickets recipe for problems

And because a minority travelled without tickets that is the primary cause of Hillsborough?

Should a police force not be able to deal with such an issue ? Oh some of them havent got tickets, lets just open the floodgates and let them all pile into a fenced paddock and keep the gates locked.

As a football fan TB Im flabbergasted that is what you think.

He was never going to say anything different....He says sorry for everything anyways!

1 Liverpool fans
2. Old Bill
3. The FA

Nothing to do with Cameron apologising for anything else. He was commenting on the in-depth report and making the only announcement possible, a wholly deserved apology. No offence intended to you but his apology is doubly necessary because there are still people like you who prefer their own opinion when they weren't there and haven't had the in-depth insight of those who have closely studied the situation.

The apology wasn't vague and wooly either. It was detailed, specific and emphatic.

And because a minority travelled without tickets that is the primary cause of Hillsborough?

Should a police force not be able to deal with such an issue ? Oh some of them havent got tickets, lets just open the floodgates and let them all pile into a fenced paddock and keep the gates locked.

As a football fan TB Im flabbergasted that is what you think.

There is blame on ALL fronts

I remembered when I traveled to Croatia to watch England play and 1000 ticketless fans stormed the gates it was complete madness and there was nothing the police who had 3 ft baterns and fans with tickets could do about it but go with the flow or move out the way... plus we had one turn style..... wasnt a nice experiance at all

I saw it at a smaller scale in Warsaw this summer with 5,000 Polish fans trying to (and ultimately succeeding in) storm the entrance to the Fanzone there during the Poland vs Russia game despite there being 100,000 people rammed inside already.

It looks like the report clears the names of the Liverpool fans completely and I have no problem accepting that those who died did nothing wrong themselves. But my problem with this verdict and the 'truth' which will now be forced on us is that it pretends that what happened that day happened in a vacuum. It didn't.

Liverpool fans traveled without tickets recipe for problems

I assume you meant ‘travelled’ and on that basis if you had been following the revelations of today you would realize you are wrong again.
If you were not there maybe the basis of your knowledge on this subject comes from the Sun newspaper so is not to be trusted.

If Southend fans had died and there was a Police cover up afterwards maybe you might feel differently about this subject.

There is blame on ALL fronts

I dont absolve Liverpool supporters completely as the behaviour of some was certainly a contributing factor, but not the primary factor for what transpired.

I wouldnt see anything like that happening now as the police and the venues, in this country at least, would be better prepared and organised.

Talks of Croatia and Poland do not surprise me, after Hillsborough we have taken bigger steps to prevent this sort of event in the future.

1 Liverpool fans
2. Old Bill
3. The FA

I think you may want to read the findings of the report. Your order of blame will be significantly different afterwards.

Nothing to do with Cameron apologising for anything else. He was commenting on the in-depth report and making the only announcement possible, a wholly deserved apology. No offence intended to you but his apology is doubly necessary because there are still people like you who prefer their own opinion when they weren't there and haven't had the in-depth insight of those who have closely studied the situation.

The apology wasn't vague and wooly either. It was detailed, specific and emphatic.

I never said his apology wasnt necessary I was only saying he was never going to say anything different.

My opinion has only come from the reading and watching of pretty much everything and anything I could on this subject as for some reason It really appeales and interests me for some reason.

I will also now be reading everything has been made public once home from work and maybe I will have a different opinion then.

The only thing I did find hard to understand and maybe someone could help me and that is why was the game even held at Hillsborough when it didnt even have a safety certificate?

I never said his apology wasnt necessary I was only saying he was never going to say anything different.

My opinion has only come from the reading and watching of pretty much everything and anything I could on this subject as for some reason It really appeales and interests me for some reason.

I will also now be reading everything has been made public once home from work and maybe I will have a different opinion then.

The only thing I did find hard to understand and maybe someone could help me and that is why was the game even held at Hillsborough when it didnt even have a safety certificate?

Cameron’s apology was full and did seem quite sincere but he only did this because the report was damming on how this had been dealt with over the years.

If you have read on this subject I am at a loss to how you came up with your order of blame as the Taylor report stated

‘The main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control’

The safety certificate point is valid and it does almost beggar believe that this ground was used on that basis.

l

Fair comments and interesting to hear you're basing your views on a wider exposure to the events. I'd be genuinely keen to hear what you think after you've read the report.

Dont get me wrong people - The police cover up is a massive part in this.

But like anything there are contributing factors from ALL corners

example....

Why should or would people push each other in the first place? Why try and gain entry without a ticket?

Without want to politicise this too much, this is clearly more evidence of the vilification of the working class by Thatcher, especially of Liverpudlians. I'm not saying that the fans were whiter than white, but this independent inquiry has found the fans were NOT to blame, and the police WERE. 96 people died when all they wanted to do was watch a football match. The fact that there was widespread attempts to cover it up, from 10 Downing Street down, is utterly disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back