• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drugs."Small amounts of possesion should not be a crime" report states

If the reports conclusions were to be implemented, then presumably, a lot fewer people would be criminalized for small scale drug use.

Did you read it all?

not from the Guardian for once said:
A Home Office spokeswoman said: "While the government welcomes the UKDPC's contribution to the drugs debate, we remain confident that our ambitious approach to tackling drugs - outlined in our drugs strategy - is the right one.

Although as a Yes, Minister fan I appreciate their use of "ambitious".

Where's the harm in that?
I've dabbled a bit in my time and I imagine a great many other Zoners have too.

Agreed and those who haven't have no doubt taken legal drugs that are ultimately more destructive than many of the illegal ones.

Agreed.But if this report were to be implemented it would be a step forward in the direction you indicate.

I know that'll never happen in the lifetime of my great grandchildren.

Where's the harm in that?
I've dabbled a bit in my time and I imagine a great many other Zoners have too.

A far more effective drugs program would be sending Barna round schools warning kids this is what you'll turn into if you use.

Education not criminalisation.

Isn't that the point?

It's illegal and yet that didn't stop your battles.

All it does it criminalise you.

Did not stop me but it did stop me going further, thankfully now its in the past and I am though it all but fear of getting caught was a factor

Really? I was never into the hard stuff but I had no fear of being nicked when I dabbled. I could have easily gone further but I had the presence of mind that I had work on a monday morning.

Absolute joke. I'm sick as it is of queueing in a corner shop or petrol station with other people, normally the under 25's, stinking of skunk.
The on the spot fine thing is probably just another cash cow. But if they let people grow small amounts, it sends out the wrong message that cannabis and drugs are O.K.
It will also open the flood gates in cultivating the stuff, which is very bad as it is.

Absolute joke. I'm sick as it is of queueing in a corner shop or petrol station with other people, normally the under 25's, stinking of skunk.
The on the spot fine thing is probably just another cash cow. But if they let people grow small amounts, it sends out the wrong message that cannabis and drugs are O.K.
It will also open the flood gates in cultivating the stuff, which is very bad as it is.

Why is it the wrong message? It has been proven that cannabis and ecstasy are less harmful than alcohol, yet plenty of people can legally drink themselves in a stupor every day. Our drug laws are an absolute joke.

Really? I was never into the hard stuff but I had no fear of being nicked when I dabbled. I could have easily gone further but I had the presence of mind that I had work on a monday morning.

Cocaine increases your sense of paranoia the 'threat' of getting caught is heightened even if the punishment is next to nothing

Cocaine increases your sense of paranoia the 'threat' of getting caught is heightened even if the punishment is next to nothing

Never was my drug of choice. Too many people turned into ******s on it, so I avoided it.

Back