• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How good was 2012 to you

Between 1-10 how was it for you?

Votes: 3 6.7%

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 9 20.0%

Votes: 8 17.8%

Votes: 5 11.1%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

chapperzUK

Coming to the end of the year now, so same as last year.

For me, must be same as last year split into periods.

Jan - June = 10/10
Course going well and completed that by end of June passing it. Work was fine and life couldn't get much better. By now I had planned on moving out around November time and getting a new job.

July - Aug = 6/10
Looking at doing the next level of my course and work was fine as usual. Plan to move out and get a new job had to be pushed back a few more months and problems started happening with my girlfriend at the time.

Sep - Now = 1/10
By now communication between me and my girlfriend had broken down and we were due to go on holiday. Holiday was only reason this gets a score, but even that was awful half the time and you'll realise why soon. Couple of weeks afterwards it was over between us and I struggled a lot. Thankfully I had people around me who listened and helped me through it otherwise I may have done something I would have regretted.

Hopes for 2013
Wanting to pass this course and get a full qualification. Trying to get into a decent routine and visit the gym 3 times a week to build up fitness. Getting a new job and moving out is something I really want to do next year, but I'm not sure where at the moment.

To everyone else, how was your year?

Ok, I'll give it a go.

Jan-June 5/10

Got a nice (and very cheap) flat through work and as a result turned down a move to Peterborough with a different company. Changed centres at work, under the expectation of a re-fit, which never materialised. Car died (to be fair it was a Rover 825, so to be expected) though managed to get a Ford Focus via family. Oh, and found Dad's cancer had spread.

June-September 8/10

Managed to get a job about two miles from my parents, so I could spend some time with Dad while I could. Had a rather nice holiday in County Galway, and put my notice in at work (for the aforementioned job)

September - December 4/10

Moved to Cromer for new job, only to find that there had been delays, and the new position hadn't materialised. Due to ongoing problems between the business vendor, and potential buyer this is still the case. On the plus side, Dad's doing well and is still in good humour (saw his 2013 planner today, for his birthday it says "70th Birthday - remember to be alive") and although not working, I've a trip up to North Yorkshire for another job interview.

Hopes for 2013

Dad lasting the year would be a big one. Getting the Yorkshire job would be good too, though if not I should get something by March. Other than that, just get by and try to have more good times than bad

There's been tough stuff to deal with this year, no doubt about that, especially healthwise in the family but in a year where I celebrated my 50th birthday with a stay at the Ritz coupled with becoming engaged in January, through to getting married in October, it's been one of my personal best years ever.

This year has been absolute crap. Started off with life changing illness, then death of a good Zoner mate followed by more illness and another Zoner passing away. Dog had an illness all year and was put to sleep last week and last night broke one of my few remaining teeth.

Can't wait for this ****ing year to **** off.

There's been tough stuff to deal with this year, no doubt about that, especially healthwise in the family but in a year where I celebrated my 50th birthday with a stay at the Ritz coupled with becoming engaged in January, through to getting married in October, it's been one of my personal best years ever.

We are talking about 2012 you know :winking:

Chapperz, plough your ex girlfriend's best mate and you'll be able to turn that frown upside down.

As for myself I'll take a steady 7/10. The odd drama, but all seems ok at the moment; touch wood.

This year has been absolute crap. Started off with life changing illness, then death of a good Zoner mate followed by more illness and another Zoner passing away. Dog had an illness all year and was put to sleep last week and last night broke one of my few remaining teeth.

Can't wait for this ****ing year to **** off.

Sorry to hear all that Ken. I'm really hoping 2013 is the complete reverse of that.

For me 2012 has been one of the best years of my entire life up there with getting married and the birth of each of my two kids. I finally fulfilled a 15 year ambition to get a job in HK. Would have been top year but for the fact that family are still in the UK. I'm signing off the year in style with a 4 day work trip to NY on Sunday where promotion and additional responsibilities will be sealed, hence my 6 day weeks with long hours for the past five weeks. Then on Friday am I land back in the UK for 2-1/2 weeks holiday before a week in the London/Brussels offices.

Best news of all, obviously, is my return to RH on Friday night. Wouldn't say Mrs ORM was fanatical at that news but priorities are priorities :smile:

Hmmm I normally try to look on the brightside of things but I think 2012 has to be a 4/10. Generally **** with some really good moments (especially going to olympics/paralympics) thrown in to relieve the ****ness.

Will 2013 be any better? I hope so, maybe my mum will agree to sell her house and move somewhere more appropriate which will allow me to take a step back (maybe even have a holiday) which my carer support worker says I need to do. If that happens me & Mrs Drastic might be able to start looking to buy a house and get out this crappy rented flat.

Worst year ever my father passad away in the summer was made redundant in august , just come out off hospital on monday after having my hernia repeared walking slower than my 77 year old mum.hopes for 2013 just to get work (upholstery) and regain a bit of pride

Been good,married my life partner and moved into a new caravan on dale farm.
Enjoyed the year as a whole,Diabetis was under great contro; for the first time in 16 years so managed to do some work which is nice for the money to buy the kids stuff,christmass is looking good as is my wife for a 49 year old.
7/10 more of the same next year please,maybe a few more wins for the mighty(not so) Berrichonne.
R.i.p Harry Canveyshrimper.

Worst year ever my father passad away in the summer was made redundant in august , just come out off hospital on monday after having my hernia repeared walking slower than my 77 year old mum.hopes for 2013 just to get work (upholstery) and regain a bit of pride

Set up on your own Mr Steve,lots of web sites these days to spread the word.

Definately a poor year.
march - made redundant
april - taken back on
may - suffered heart attack
upto july - convalesing
october - diagnosed with diabetes plus loss of Harry.

2013 however does look brighter, and we are hoping to move to Norfolk where I will semi retire and buy a small holding.

Fantastic year. Started with a promotion and beginning my research fellowship. Work has been really good and been involved with some major projects and been able to travel and had several good publications.

We've done some work on our house and have had lots of people up to stay and visit. Feeling nice and settled in up here. Joined a football team and we got promoted.

Our niece was born on NYE 2011 and so we've had a year of watching her grow up and she's dead cute.

My dad has taken early retirement and so my parents have exciting plans for their future.

Basically, been a really good year and we've been very privileged because we're probably the exception to the norm. Roll on 2013.

9/10

January-March can just be called "The Death Quarter", me and the girlfriend were averaging a death every 20 days at one point.
April-June got better although I lost out on a week's holiday due to some **** poor planning from people at work with regards to deadlines
July -September perked up ticked over ok, couple of friends having babies so that was nice
October-December has been about friends, family and good times, been a lovely end to what started off as a terrible year!

6/10

Definately a poor year.
march - made redundant
april - taken back on
may - suffered heart attack
upto july - convalesing
october - diagnosed with diabetes plus loss of Harry.

2013 however does look brighter, and we are hoping to move to Norfolk where I will semi retire and buy a small holding.

Yep, that qualifies as a crap year!

Where in Norfolk are you looking? It's a different way of life up here, and were it not for the work problem I wouldn't be looking to move away

Brilliant year. I gave it a 10 but think I should have knocked that down a couple of notches with hindsight.

Started with seeing the New Year in in Las Vegas, went to the European Championships - my first international football tournament, two weeks that I'll never forget for The Olympics, promotion at work and finally decided at the age of 33/34 to actually start participating in life rather than sitting on the sidelines.

All that was missing was a Southend promotion. That's for next year.

Back