• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Secret Footballer

MK Shrimper

Striker
Just listening for 5 Live, with an interview by the above and he's contradicted himself so many times - at one point he mentions playing abroad and the trouble of fitting in with the culture, and the next he says he's never played abroad.

I haven't read the column nor the book, but on the basis of this interview I think it's a load of old cobblers made up by the media.

If anyone have any more info, especially if they've read a bit more.

I've nearly finished his book.

I reckon he does purposely mislead/lie about stuff just to cover his tracks. Some of the stuff he says is interesting and he makes a few good points but a lot of it is just common sense and he does come across as a bit of a dick.

Are you sure he actually said about playing abroad or is he drawing from people he knows who have played abroad (or foreign team mates?).

I've nearly finished his book.

I reckon he does purposely mislead/lie about stuff just to cover his tracks. Some of the stuff he says is interesting and he makes a few good points but a lot of it is just common sense and he does come across as a bit of a dick.

Are you sure he actually said about playing abroad or is he drawing from people he knows who have played abroad (or foreign team mates?).

Yes mate, in one breath he talks in the first person about the issues of moving abroad and the troubles his family had adjusting and in the next he says "oh yeah on tours and on friendlies". Gubbins IMHO.

The whole interview is available on podcast if you fancy a listen.

Did he actually say he had first hand experience of playing abroad or was he just saying it's difficult for British players playing abroad to fit in?

If I was him I'd throw in a few red herrings.

Sorry - just seen you've answered that.

Did he actually say he had first hand experience of playing abroad or was he just saying it's difficult for British players playing abroad to fit in?

If I was him I'd throw in a few red herrings.

Sorry - just seen you've answered that.

Victoria Derbyshire picked him up on it and he put it down to grammatical errors. :whistling:

Said that he still plays in the prem so....

243506.jpg

Back