• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SS3

PessimisticallyOptimistic
Just a quick one really. Now I remember, in the not to distant past that there was a discussion regarding the famous Bilel. This discussion surrounded around his involvement in the team after his well documented leave of absence from the team, and then his subsequent sending off against Northampton.

I was just curious to understand why there has been little discussion on his involvement in Saturdays Draw against Rotherham. Especially as he appeared to be (arguably) the best player on the pitch.

I would be keen to understand what peoples thoughts are on his performance, and how he appeared to be quite well composed!

Simple, how can you moan about someone that played well.

because there are alot of shallow people out there and dont want to see him do well and never wanted him back at the club, more fool them as he could just well make all the difference to us in the last quarter of this season, like a new signing if you ask me, always welcome by me and is such a raw talent, mr sturrock has always seen that as well.

Can we please keep anything Mohsni related in one thread? There's at least 3-4 new threads a week and this becomes MohsniZone.

Can't was just have a thread entitled 'Mohsni Discussion' and merge everything?

Erm one game - in a draw at home - back after suspension !

Think you will find I've never ever questioned his ability , I've questioned his mentality !! This question remains valid and open , as he has a history of letting us down.

However and again as stipulated before - as long as he starts - being a fan I will back him.

however I would like the same respect afforded to other players by my fellow "supporters", most notably for Smith !! People on the forum are very quick to support Moshni (which is fine) but then are quite happy to slag off Smith ( for his kicking or weakest ability, ie commanding his box) - why can't Smth afford the same support as Moshni, of whom as actually let the club down before ?????

yeh smith dont deserve the stick he gets, with the parts he has played in us keeping clean sheets and getting us points in certain games and with some of the outstanding saves he has made is priceless, the mistakes dont even come close as every player on that pitch has made mistakes this season and thats why we are outside the play-offs as it stands right now, he deserves everyones backing.

Smiths face just dont fit regardless of how well he does he will continue to be slagged bet he is use to that now. Back to moshni he is a loose cannon sometimes but is alot better than this level. Imo.

Smiths face just dont fit regardless of how well he does he will continue to be slagged bet he is use to that now. Back to moshni he is a loose cannon sometimes but is alot better than this level. Imo.

Well you shouldn't make so many school boy errors Paul, then you wouldn't get slagged off

Well you shouldn't make so many school boy errors Paul, then you wouldn't get slagged off

So you think there have been more "school boy" errors than saves that have kept us in games this season !! I sometimes think I probably watch other games to some people ...., but then again maybe I realise that we are in the 4th tier of our league pyramid and therefore we aren't going to have Pepe Reina in goal !!!

So you think there have been more "school boy" errors than saves that have kept us in games this season !!

yes

I sometimes think I probably watch other games to some people ...., but then again maybe I realise that we are in the 4th tier of our league pyramid and therefore we aren't going to have Pepe Reina in goal !!!

I realise your're happy with a keeper who is unable to perform the basics, which are taught at school boy level; commanding your area

Bilel has been a PR dream this weekend, supporting the Trust's Race night and then turning up to support a local children's football match after being asked to on the spur of the moment, in addition to holding up his hands to the conceded goal on Saturday.

I didn't want him back and I certainly won't be fawning over him, but while he wears the shirt, then he'll have my support, the same as the rest of them.

He's like the little girl who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead....when he is good he is very, very good, but when he is bad he is horrid.

Smiths done fine this season yes made errors but has won us many points with crucial saves alot more points won than lost with his errors. But like i say regardless of how well he plays he will still get slagged. I will continue to back him and everyone else and hope we achieve promotion

Whilst Bilel wears the shirt he needs our support, his ability has never been questioned but his discipline / anger and loyalty have.

He needs to earn back the respect of players, fans and the management and he will only do that out on the pitch

Yes, Bilel was the best player out there, & yes our best "pass, pass, pass" moves all revolved around him plus there was some good linking up with Britt and Hirst; also he didn't seem to be unfit for the 95 minutes.
The not so good was his body language; it is ok when he berates himself for his own errors but there were too many incidents when he and Britt had found space, passed and moved etc only for his team "mates" not to follow the move and keep if flowing.
We know it, he knows it and lots of the other players know it - he can/should play at a higher level BUT also he should keep control of his frustration better as it doesn't help team spirit.
He CAN be the spark that keeps us on track for a late promotion bid.

I realise your're happy with a keeper who is unable to perform the basics, which are taught at school boy level; commanding your area[/QUOTE]

When did I say that ? I said you had to be realistic that we are in the 4th tier of English football and therefore you must have correct expectations of players that you can buy. I still believe that Smith has made saves that have won us more points than he has lost us - with his exceptional shot stopping (you gonna be big enough to agree that his shot stopping is actually second to none at this level)?

Your school level ability you mention above has been missing from most Southend keepers in my life time - and I've been watching for 30 years ! Flavs was a massive fans favourite but he never came for crosses - so did you think that Flavs was awful as well and therefore I assume you booed him as well ? Please enlighten me to which keeper you have "supported" in the last 10 years ???

When did I say that ? I said you had to be realistic that we are in the 4th tier of English football and therefore you must have correct expectations of players that you can buy. I still believe that Smith has made saves that have won us more points than he has lost us - with his exceptional shot stopping (you gonna be big enough to agree that his shot stopping is actually second to none at this level)?

He's a very good shot stopper, I've never denied that. As for expectations, Yes, I fully expect a professional goalkeeper, (who's had enough experience at a higher Level) to be capable of the basics, I.e. commanding his area. It's quite simple, the CB's look very nervous with Smith in goal.

our school level ability you mention above has been missing from most Southend keepers in my life time - and I've been watching for 30 years ! Flavs was a massive fans favourite but he never came for crosses - so did you think that Flavs was awful as well and therefore I assume you booed him as well ? Please enlighten me to which keeper you have "supported" in the last 10 years ???

Who said I boo Smith? Flavs, Federici & Royce have been the best I've seen in my 17/18 years watching Southend.

Who said I boo Smith? Flavs, Federici & Royce have been the best I've seen in my 17/18 years watching Southend.

If you don't boo and scream at Smith then I apologise but you are siding with the boo boys !

Flavs - awful at crosses (at corners all you saw was his hands in the air)
Royce - equally weak at commanding his area
Federici - can't use him as a comparable , on loan, never ever chance of buying him and he would never have joined us in the 4th tier !!

All I am asking for the the boo boys to stop their sickening and vile treatment some times, and sadly I feel ashamed by the way that Smith is targeted by people stating that they are fans !! I am confused how people can call themselves fans and then attack these players the way they do from the terraces and on her ! Every player that pulls on the Southend shirt deserve the full support of the fans, but sadly this is not the case ........, therefore I stand by my first request, why is asking for support of Smith (regardless that some of his game is not perfect) when Moshni continues to get support from the terraces (please remember the amount times he has let us down) treated with such contempt !!!!???

Back