• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I disagree. Lee Bradbury inherited a good team from the previous manager at Bournemouth and had tremendous financial backing from the Chairman there but still had a poor run of results culminating in his sacking. It would be interesting to know whether Bournemouth's fans thought Bradbury did a good job.

I would like Sturrock to stay. He is resilient and shrewd, and it would not surprise me if Southend now went on a bit of a run despite the shambles last night.

If Sturrock did decide to go or was pushed out by Martin, I would go for Justin Edinburgh who has done a really outstanding job at Newport and did a good job at Rushden before that. I also think he would be up for the Southend job.

Sturrock has done enough to earn great respect, not the sack, which I don't think even comes into the equation. He had to rebuild the entire squad from scratch FFS. Having said that though if we don't get promoted this season ( and I really think we blew that last night) does he really want to stay on and give it another go ? or does he leave with his head held high and our best wishes and thanks............Given the latter I would like to see Coughlan and Devonshire or Bradbury and Coughlan or failing that Steve Evans so that we could sack him before a ball is kicked !!!

I would have snapped Daggers' right arm off for John Still before he sought pastures new at Luton.

Its not a new manager we want, but new players, imo we have at least 7 or 8 players who would struggle to find a club if Southend let them go. We are in this league, and it looks like we are staying in it for a reason, we are not very good.

jupp heynckes(bayern münchen) is looking for a job in may,coz bayern have got rid of him.its well known here,he is a southend fan

kevin keen for me or glenn pennyfather good local level get keen players to prove there good enough too many good essex players we lost out on over years :winking:

Kevin Wilson and Darren Caskey currently at Ilkeston FC, especially if we get wound up. They've managed it pretty well up here!

How About Alan Curbishley?
Agree with this, if ps goes curbishley imo is the man to take over he kept Charlton in the top flight for many years without the capital to go with it.
UTB

I dread the thought of Graham Westley which is the name I heard being mentioned and read on here.

If you thought Luggy plays hoofball, then we'll need rugby balls to fit in with Westley's style of play.

Like a previous poster said, be careful what you wish for.................................

Back