• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lawrenceaustin

Schoolboy
I was sitting next to Mick Harford and Karl Robinson from MK Dons at Wembley yesterday and they were there to check on the performance from Clohessy and Murphy from Crewe. They left about 80 mins in and by all accounts they weren't overly impressed with his performance yesterday but said that he had been on their radar all season, they also said they wouldn't have played Mohsni centre midfield and thought Straker was poor

I think i agreed with them on all accounts

They also asked me if Freddy's legs were "gone"

Both nice chaps, i was really trying to get them to look at straker - he's not my favourite southend player...

They have absolutely no chance of signing Murphy.

Pleased to hear they weren't impressed with Sean. Is his contract up for renewal or has he got another year?

Worringly, Clohessy and Tomlin are both out of contract in the summer.

Even more or a worry is that Smith and Straker have another year on their contracts!! :thumbdown:

They have absolutely no chance of signing Murphy.

Pleased to hear they weren't impressed with Sean. Is his contract up for renewal or has he got another year?

He'll be off. I can't see him staying personally.

Worringly, Clohessy and Tomlin are both out of contract in the summer.

Even more or a worry is that Smith and Straker have another year on their contracts!! :thumbdown:

I thought Tomlin put in a very good performance yesterday. If his contract really is up then I can see him signing for a team in a higher division..

Yesterday at the Tesco ATM stood behind us waiting to use the cash point was Gavin Tomlin .He took some time out to talk to us .I asked if he will leave at the end of the season .His answer was as yet he has not had an offer of a new contract .Think of it as a good bye me thinks .

We need clohessy to.sign new deal has been one of our better players but of late imo been poor and was so yesterday.

Yep, well done again Ron. Perfect handling of all situations again :angry:

Sorry but most clubs in the lower leagues operate on the basis of having to wait until the end of the season before they can look at their budget for the next season and therefore are unable to offer new contracts ! Hence why no one else have offered Tomlin nor Sean a pre contract elsewhere of which any club can do to a player in the last year of their contract !!! That's lower league football , which again is not of Rons doing, or are you blaming Ron for all other clubs having to operate in the same hand to mouth manner ?

Yesterday at the Tesco ATM stood behind us waiting to use the cash point was Gavin Tomlin .He took some time out to talk to us .I asked if he will leave at the end of the season .His answer was as yet he has not had an offer of a new contract .Think of it as a good bye me thinks .

Yep, well done again Ron. Perfect handling of all situations again :angry:
Did an interview with Chris Barker for the SJS Wembley newsletter, asked him about next year and if there had been any talk about contracts and this was his response:

Chris Barker said:
CB: Not yet. I’m really enjoying my time at the club and hope this can continue.

The season is finishing early this year, there is still a slim chance of the play offs, I don't think you can seriously expect Ron to be opening contract talks until there's a bit more certainty about where we'll be next season (if anywhere!). He's not to blame for that as far as I'm concerned.

Actually thought it was one of Clohessy's worst performances I'd seen yesterday. In hindsight that may work in our favour.

Yeah I thought Clohessy was poor too, he looked leggy which isn't surprising. His touch and control was poor and he lacked sharpness when supporting attacks.

I'd love to keep him, but sadly think he'll move on.

I know the threads about Shaun ,but I'm sure I saw Adam Barrett after the game ,nice to think he's still a blue at heart ,even after Ron's treatment

I think it is pretty well know that Clohessey is off in the summer. He is doing his best to play but putting in a host of poor performances of late.

I think it is pretty well know that Clohessey is off in the summer. He is doing his best to play but putting in a host of poor performances of late.

Not to worry lads PB will tie up Mohsni on a deal and play him at RB!:winking:

I know the threads about Shaun ,but I'm sure I saw Adam Barrett after the game ,nice to think he's still a blue at heart ,even after Ron's treatment

I saw Steve Claridge in a Newsagent just up the end of Wembley Park Road - he was one the phone so I couldn't ask him, but I'm hoping he was working for TV and not signing a Neil Harrisly long contract.

I saw Steve Claridge in a Newsagent just up the end of Wembley Park Road - he was one the phone so I couldn't ask him, but I'm hoping he was working for TV and not signing a Neil Harrisly long contract.

Ha well Matt Le Tissier is playing for Guernsey so you never know, Strike force of Harris and Claridge next season with Bullard and Jay Jay Okocha operating just behind.

Back