• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
My latest bill shows after a year I have 14.62 outstanding which to me means my monthly payments have been fairly accurate.

Unless their prices are due to increase by about 9%, it would be common sense to me, that they increase my payment by 2 or 3 quid a month and it will be pretty bang on.

However, their proposal is to increase my payment by £24 per month which means I will be paying 204.36 extra over the enxt 12 months to cover a 14.62 deficit.

I went on the their site and had a live chat with some bloke/woman in India. Now I don't have a problem with Indians but they just don't understand what you are talking about, so I intend to change to a company who use UK based customer service people.

Who do you use? Are they any good? Do they base their help centres in the UK?

Energy consumption is greater in winter so by this stage of the year with the days getting shorter the energy companies will be expecting you to have built up a surplus to cover the greater energy use you'll have over winter. They'll also build in something to allow for inflation.

However I wouldn't trust the energy companies - it's in their interest (literally) to overcharge you and pocket the interest and you're probably best off switching regularly to get the best deals. I wouldn't worry about customer service and just go for the best deals.

This should tell you the best deals out there
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

Energy consumption is greater in winter so by this stage of the year with the days getting shorter the energy companies will be expecting you to have built up a surplus to cover the greater energy use you'll have over winter. They'll also build in something to allow for inflation.

However I wouldn't trust the energy companies - it's in their interest (literally) to overcharge you and pocket the interest and you're probably best off switching regularly to get the best deals. I wouldn't worry about customer service and just go for the best deals.

This should tell you the best deals out there
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

They don't even have electric in Yorkshire

Wrong DWB. i went there once. Some streets had lighting and one bloke even had a mobile phone. Not as backward as you think.

Ah my learned friend. The lamps run on paraffin and mobile phones are AC not DC so don't use electricity. I reckon the bloke you saw was passing through anyway.

What's Yorkshire got to do with it?

Of course they have electricity. What do you think lightning is?

I guess by your username you could possibly hail from Yorkshire. On that (possibly incorrect assumption) you should know nothing about electricity, either how it works or what it costs as neither electricity or currency are available there :winking:

I guess by your username you could possibly hail from Yorkshire. On that (possibly incorrect assumption) you should know nothing about electricity, either how it works or what it costs as neither electricity or currency are available there :winking:

If we based things on usernames people might think you have a brain:winking:

I heard somewhere they used to have a lot of coal.

Fair point but my usage will be down for the next 4 months which should build up a surplus. They also have about 10 years worth of history to base their calculations on.

I think they may be preparing you for the big increases that will happen over the coming year. In all honesty, I have given up all the swapping around as at years end I never seem to have made the savings I thought I would.

My latest bill shows after a year I have 14.62 outstanding which to me means my monthly payments have been fairly accurate.

Unless their prices are due to increase by about 9%, it would be common sense to me, that they increase my payment by 2 or 3 quid a month and it will be pretty bang on.

However, their proposal is to increase my payment by £24 per month which means I will be paying 204.36 extra over the enxt 12 months to cover a 14.62 deficit.

I went on the their site and had a live chat with some bloke/woman in India. Now I don't have a problem with Indians but they just don't understand what you are talking about, so I intend to change to a company who use UK based customer service people.

Who do you use? Are they any good? Do they base their help centres in the UK?

Was with Eon for years, and their customer service was always excellent. They always had good deals too, but recently switched to EDF for price reasons, and their customer service also seems good, and is UK based.

The DD amount is only a recommended amount anyway, and if you phone to discuss, you could get it amended to a more reasonable level, probably, since most these letters are system generated, and they will tailor it better if you talk to someone

With EDL. There tariffs are cheaper if I throw out a few Nazi salutes when no-one is looking.

Back