• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How the mighty fall, Coventry to play at Northamptons ground?

Could have been worse. There was an article a few months ago saying they could have been playing in Hinckley's stadium!

Does sounds strange that they wouldn't go to the Ricoh rent-free, but my guess is that there could be additional conditions to that agreement.

I think under terms of Ricoh stadium,i think the club dont make any money out of food,drinks etc.Relegation to third tier must have reduced revenue somewhat.

Clubcall is still going!

Is John Adams still the voice of ours? :smile:

My grandad is a Cov fan and even he doesn't understand what is going on. Complete mess up there and feel so sorry for the fans.

Coventry's highest end of season placing in the last 20 years - which includes 12 years in the second and third tiers - has been 8th. Must be miserable supporting that lot.

Coventry's highest end of season placing in the last 20 years - which includes 12 years in the second and third tiers - has been 8th. Must be miserable supporting that lot.

Just looked at their chronology - it's depressing. Near-misses, administration, losing in semis, but one year stood out for me

1964 – Jimmy Hill guides Coventry to promotion from Division Three (now Football League One) as champions after a final day 1–0 victory over Colchester United.

Coventry were in the Premiership during that period and last season was their first season in the third tier in 48 years. They still manage to get a decent crowd in league 1.

They won the FA Cup not that long ago.

There was an article a while back on WSC written by a Cov fan of around 40. He said he was ok, he had the FA Cup Final and no matter what happened to them there would always be that memory.

But in it he asked you to imagine a Cov fan of (say) around 30, who first started supporting them in 1990. It's been very thin gruel since then. Struggling in the Prem, doing nothing in the second tier and then nothing in the third tier (so far). It's rare for a club to go so long without any sort of decent league finish - although we made a pretty decent fist of it in the 90s/00s!

No ****. Really?

Opps my bad, I forgot that facts are banned from this forum.

About half the teams in the Premierleague will struggle every season and the aim for most of the teams in it will be survival with anything better than that being a bonus. How many teams out of the top 7 (Manchester teams, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton) do you reckon have a realistic chance of getting into Europe?

Coventry have a good chance of getting into the play-offs this season.

Opps my bad, I forgot that facts are banned from this forum.

About half the teams in the Premierleague will struggle every season and the aim for most of the teams in it will be survival with anything better than that being a bonus. How many teams out of the top 7 (Manchester teams, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton) do you reckon have a realistic chance of getting into Europe?

Coventry have a good chance of getting into the play-offs this season.

The reason I mentioned that of those 20 seasons, 12 had been in lower divisions, was by way of justifying their record a little. Of course it is tougher to finish top seven in the top flight than the second tier. But it's still pretty miserable. While we're dealing in facts, some other teams who finished top seven in the top flight during the last 20 years:

Fulham (08/09)
Bolton (06/07)
Middlesbrough (04/05)
Charlton (03/04)
West Ham (01/02)
Ipswich (00/01).....all the way back to the first season of the Prem when Norwich finished third.

You can't blame a Cov fan for looking at that list of footballing giants and being a little dispirited. And probably even more so when you consider they didn't once make the play-offs during their time in the second tier.

There was an article a while back on WSC written by a Cov fan of around 40. He said he was ok, he had the FA Cup Final and no matter what happened to them there would always be that memory.

But in it he asked you to imagine a Cov fan of (say) around 30, who first started supporting them in 1990. It's been very thin gruel since then. Struggling in the Prem, doing nothing in the second tier and then nothing in the third tier (so far). It's rare for a club to go so long without any sort of decent league finish - although we made a pretty decent fist of it in the 90s/00s!

Once they moved into their new stadium the sky blues fortunes nosedived,When they played at Highfield they enjoyed top flight status and won the FA cup,City have been screwed by greedy money men .

Once they moved into their new stadium the sky blues fortunes nosedived,When they played at Highfield they enjoyed top flight status and won the FA cup,City have been screwed by greedy money men .

They moved into the new stadium in 2005, that season they finished 8th in the 2nd tier which was their highest finish since being relegated so hardly a nose-dive.

They moved into the new stadium in 2005, that season they finished 8th in the 2nd tier which was their highest finish since being relegated so hardly a nose-dive.

Since those heady days of finishing 8th city have finished 17th 21st 17 th 19th 18th 23rd relegation and last season 15th,Hardly not a nosedive.

Since those heady days of finishing 8th city have finished 17th 21st 17 th 19th 18th 23rd relegation and last season 15th,Hardly not a nosedive.

Before that 8th finish they had several bottom half finishes. Going from finishing in the bottom 6 in the 2nd tier to being relegated 7 seasons later isn't a nosedive.

Stockport being relegated from League 1 to Conference North in 3 seasons is a nosedive.

Portsmouth going from Premiership to League 2 in the same period is a nosedive.

Coven try's problems started in 2001 after relegation from the Premiership when their financial issues started.

Before that 8th finish they had several bottom half finishes. Going from finishing in the bottom 6 in the 2nd tier to being relegated 7 seasons later isn't a nosedive.

Stockport being relegated from League 1 to Conference North in 3 seasons is a nosedive.

Coven try's problems started in 2001 after relegation from the Premiership when their financial issues started.

What about a slow decline with the nose in a gradual slide south.

My point was the new stadium was meant to herald the start of a new era for the club instead the stadium has actually killed the club by greedy money grabbers who only wanted to line their pockets.

Stockport never surprised me because they were always floundering season after season whilst Portsmouth overspent way beyond their means

Back