• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
In court today:
SWALLOW: GRAYS BOSS 'ORGANISED FOOTBALL VIOLENCE'

A football club boss who glorified his links to a notorious hooligan group tried to set up a clash between Millwall and West Ham fans, the Old Bailey heard today (TUES). Andrew Swallow, then chief executive of non-league Grays Athletic in Essex, allegedly plotted to organise 'mass violence' on the day of an FA Cup 3rd round match. The plan was thwarted by the presence of police officers with camcorders and any fighting was restricted to isolated outbreaks, it is claimed. When Swallow was arrested police found a photograph of a group of men in front of a large banner reading 'ICF 30 years undefeated' - referring to the West Ham group known as the Inter City Firm. Prosecutor James Lofthouse said: 'As such he was glorifying his association with the ICF.' - See more at: http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/online_archive/?name=grays&sa=Search#results

He was first arrested for this last year, and the original trial was last Autumn, which was set for Southwark Crown Court, but was cancelled because his Solicitor said he would'nt get a fair trial as the court was in Millwall territory and the jury would be biased (i seem to recall).
I could tell you a couple of stories relating to him. One whe he came to the Anchor pub in Benfleet in 1980, and another when he copped a hiding from a well known Blues fan in Southend soon after. I believe (not 100% certain) that soon after several of his 'famous ICF firm' came into town on a Sunday evening looking for the Blues fan mentioned. They wer'nt successful.

He was first arrested for this last year, and the original trial was last Autumn, which was set for Southwark Crown Court, but was cancelled because his Solicitor said he would'nt get a fair trial as the court was in Millwall territory and the jury would be biased (i seem to recall).
I could tell you a couple of stories relating to him. One whe he came to the Anchor pub in Benfleet in 1980, and another when he copped a hiding from a well known Blues fan in Southend soon after. I believe (not 100% certain) that soon after several of his 'famous ICF firm' came into town on a Sunday evening looking for the Blues fan mentioned. They wer'nt successful.

I am sure he originated from Cluny Square Southend.

Back