• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Real Madrid C 1, Southend United 1

Evening Echo

The News
A LATE header from Spanish trailist David Cubillas secured Southend United a 1-1 draw against Real Madrid C at their training complex today.

More...

Doesn't sound like Cubillas impressed Brown. Said he got lost in the game a bit and should have had another, a bit harsh when communication between him and the rest of the team could have been tricky!

Was there any trouble?

Yes.

I hear three seats were damaged due to over celebration from the 3 Southend fans, when the spanish waiter scored the equaliser.

I wonder if these three were part of the fearful unruly mob which trashed Brisbane Road.

Let us not judge Bentley just yet. Yes Smith is the better keeper now, but Bentley may come on with experience, in fact he should do.

Though in all fairness that goal was awful, if your Sunday League keeper had done that you'd have slaughtered him. Perhaps the sun was causing problems??

Smith would have been hammered on here for their goal....

Funny how DWB isnt on here over anyalysing it eh ?

Let us not judge Bentley just yet. Yes Smith is the better keeper now, but Bentley may come on with experience, in fact he should do.

Though in all fairness that goal was awful, if your Sunday League keeper had done that you'd have slaughtered him. Perhaps the sun was causing problems??

Im no fan of the redtop tabloids but seriously harsh to blame them for it.

Funny how DWB isnt on here over anyalysing it eh ?

Im no fan of the redtop tabloids but seriously harsh to blame them for it.

Haven't seen the goal so don't be so bloody antagonistic before the season has even started. I'll look at the you tube clip tonight and it if was Bentley's fault I'll say so

Haven't seen the goal so don't be so bloody antagonistic before the season has even started. I'll look at the you tube clip tonight and it if was Bentley's fault I'll say so

Thats rather rich seeing as we had to endure the entire season having you berate Smith for every movement he made including saving a penalty with the wrong hand.....

Thats rather rich seeing as we had to endure the entire season having you berate Smith for every movement he made including saving a penalty with the wrong hand.....

Ongoing battle with Neil_24 I'm afraid who is just an blinkered the other way which got my back up when it shouldn't have. That said, although I don't rate Smith, I'll keep my thoughts predominantly to myself this season. If Bentley plays and has a mare, I will say so too.

Fact is We have smith and bentley two good keepers Dan has potential smith experience We dont have a prob in that area. Dan has made a few errors so far this pre season so what hes young and learning the game still let pb decide and get behind either.

Seems a few are knocking Dan just based on seeing a youtube clip of the goal but infact he was the busier of the keepers and made two cracking saves in the second half that wasnt shown.
Smith is NOT the answer!!!!

The game it self wasnt very exciting, we passed the ball around lovely at the back and looked for the wide men upto the half way line the we looked lost.
It is like Brown has only been working on 2 touch passing in our own half only.

The Madrid side wasnt as good as last years team but still very young and passy ( only been training for 3-4 days before the game.

Straker put in a great shift just only wished he was able to control and cross a ball then he would be mustard.
Freddy for me didnt look interested what so ever.
Corr seemed to found himself playing right mid at some parts of the game.
The Spainish lad was pants (yes I know he scored) but still pants.

Running out of time on the airport internet so I will cut it short but over all had a great 2 day trip in Madrid and hope to go somewhere different next year

Seems a few are knocking Dan just based on seeing a youtube clip of the goal but infact he was the busier of the keepers and made two cracking saves in the second half that wasnt shown.
Smith is NOT the answer!!!!

The game it self wasnt very exciting, we passed the ball around lovely at the back and looked for the wide men upto the half way line the we looked lost.
It is like Brown has only been working on 2 touch passing in our own half only.

The Madrid side wasnt as good as last years team but still very young and passy ( only been training for 3-4 days before the game.

Straker put in a great shift just only wished he was able to control and cross a ball then he would be mustard.
Freddy for me didnt look interested what so ever.
Corr seemed to found himself playing right mid at some parts of the game.
The Spainish lad was pants (yes I know he scored) but still pants.

Running out of time on the airport internet so I will cut it short but over all had a great 2 day trip in Madrid and hope to go somewhere different next year

When has he ever though?

Sure its just not his normal body language? Although as its a friendly not the easiest for any player to get fired up for...

Back