• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
West Ham fans sitting in the home end...

Is it arrogance?
Are they lost?
Do they think they own the place?
Is it respect?

I just don’t get it! As a fan in general, why on earth wouldn’t you want to sit with your own fans..???

West Ham fans sitting in the home end... Is it arrogance? Are they lost?Do they think they own the place?Is it respect?I just don’t get it! As a fan in general, why on earth wouldn’t you want to sit with your own fans..???
And this is exactly why I didn't go last night. No-one else does it, there were no QPR fans in the home end on Friday or not that I saw anyway.

Because a fair few of Southend "fans" support Wet Spam 1st, us 2nd, so I guess they think they have the right.

If there's no trouble, who cares? Thanks for your money, and your team lost. Good luck surviving the Prem if you can't beat a team who many think are destined for a poor season.

Don't see a problem with it personally. It's a friendly

the question was, why? Why not sit with your own fans? Join in with your own songs, talk to your own fans about the exciting season ahead, take pride in siting with your own fans? Just don't get why you would want to plok yourself with the home fans..

the question was, why? Why not sit with your own fans? Join in with your own songs, talk to your own fans about the exciting season ahead, take pride in siting with your own fans? Just don't get why you would want to plok yourself with the home fans..

I sorta see where your coming from, but my WHU mate came with us yesterday. I'm sure he didn't want to sit on his own in the away end.

And this is exactly why I didn't go last night. No-one else does it, there were no QPR fans in the home end on Friday or not that I saw anyway.

There were 3 QPR fans in Block T on friday sitting with a Southend supporting mate causing no hassle at all and a steward came over and told them to move to the north. Despite everyone around saying to leave them alone (the block was over half empty) they were still moved

There were 3 QPR fans in Block T on friday sitting with a Southend supporting mate causing no hassle at all and a steward came over and told them to move to the north. Despite everyone around saying to leave them alone (the block was over half empty) they were still moved

I think with other teams you get the odd group, but with West Ham they seem to make a point of it... Just a bit weird..

I was in the West yesterday as the South Upper was closed.
I am not a lover of West Ham as its a area i grew up in and got
so much crrap for not supporting them.

However there were quite a few West Ham near me last night
some showed themselves others were obviosly West Ham but kept a low key.

However this is the point they were all in group of Southend and West Ham fans,
Or with a elder younger family member for a evenings entertainment.

They all paid cash to get in and we really need that money.
However if this was not a FRIENDLY my attitude and i am sure the clubs would be diffrent.

I don't mind the odd Spammer coming in our end if it means he can be with his mates etc, but if I was doing the same at another ground I wouldn't dream of wearing my shirt and I'd do everything I can to blend in and hope people don't notice I don't support the team. Anything else in my eyes is disrespectful and they deserve to be moved to the away end, and if they were openly wearing West Ham shirts they should never have been allowed in.

Normally I'd agree with those saying they shouldn't be in the home end especially in their team's colours. But it was a friendly last night and against their youth/reserve side. As other people have said there would be groups of friends with fans of both clubs who'd want to sit together. As long as they didn't start singing/chanting their team's songs then I don't think any real harm was done.

If it was a league or cup match though then I think its a different story.

As long as they're not sitting there chanting their very annoying song in our stands, and are part of a mixed group of supporters, I don't really have an issue. Plenty around us last night, including one dad with two sons, one wearing a Southend top and one a West Ham one - it happens in families! It's when you get supporters that are clearly ONLY West Ham, all adults, who have chosen to sit in our stands that I get a bit narked.

Did they buy a ticket ?

Yes ? , Then STFU ! , who actually cares ? , i went to the game yesterday with 2 of my mates who are West Ham Fans , that's £30 extra thanks to them.

The truth is (and you deluded few wont understand) West Ham have a Bigger following in Essex than Southend , so when these kind of games come along , (instead of going to the game on my own) i can bring along 2 or 3 of my West Ham mates to watch the game . and even though they out number 3 to 1 , their not going to sit in the away end and ditch me .

They brought a ticket , they didn't cause trouble and IT WAS A FRIENDLY !!!

More money for us , UTB !

It's a FRIENDLY against a team that played their reserves and has no significance. Stop crying.

Back