• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
So we've signed Craig

Advanced discussions with Clifford and Bennett

Still in talks with Forte AND Cowan

I make that 5 signings. Two over the limit.

Unless we release 2 players (Barker, Smith) - is the embargo over?

Great. get 3 in it seems but still another might leave. Hope its not one of the more netter players in the squad.

we are allowed 20

Reid makes it 17 apparently

so Clifford and Bennett make it 19

Forte will make it 20

Baker leaving will allow Thompson to come in on loan

and as for Cowan ... im lost

i doubt Cowan will be signing, surely he would have done so by now. I wonder if PB has had him all preseason just in case he doesnt get his targets. Reid has already signed and expect Forte to follow once he has sorted his issues out at Southampton.

i doubt Cowan will be signing, surely he would have done so by now. I wonder if PB has had him all preseason just in case he doesnt get his targets. Reid has already signed and expect Forte to follow once he has sorted his issues out at Southampton.

apparently Cowan is in discussions, and it's sticking on clauses because of his poor injury record

apparently Cowan is in discussions, and it's sticking on clauses because of his poor injury record

That seems bizarre. Why bother wanting him at all if he is injury prone? Waste of wages and a space in the squad. He has hardly lit up pre-season. Rather one of the youngsters be given a chance.

That seems bizarre. Why bother wanting him at all if he is injury prone? Waste of wages and a space in the squad. He has hardly lit up pre-season. Rather one of the youngsters be given a chance.

If the clauses effectively say "no play, no pay" then this covers your concerns about the player being injury prone and does not waste wages either.

I don't know if it has any bearing on embargoes but there are no stories so far of the players not being paid this month.

One of the reasons for the embargo was that the football clubs accounts have not been published and filed at Companies House.

I checked today and they are still shown as overdue at Companies House, although the previous year they were filed in the middle of August so maybe they will be soon.

Could that mean the embargo could be lifted or are there other reasons why it will stay? Do we still owe The FA or other clubs money?

Back