• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBV in the West or North

• Total voters

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Serious question this one people...

After Saturday there was some really good feedback about being in W block in the west, its a question that has been bugging me all weekend and on this issue I don't know which way to turn do we go back to W Block full time or do we continue to use the North when possible?

I have listed below the pros of each how I see it....

Back in W Block
Pros
  • Fans are closer together
  • Helps galvanise the rest of the West Stand as seen on Saturday
  • Less of a headache for the club
  • SAVES the club money
  • Significant reduction in ejections and trouble
  • Permanent home no moving for any match no matter what the size of away following
  • Better match views and facility's IMO

Stay in the North Bank
Pros
  • The acoustics are superb
  • Traditional home of SUFC fans dating back
  • Can be well heard by the rest of the ground
  • Having SUFC shooting towards home fans both halves

Whatever the general consensus is I will speak with the club about, at the end of the day we want whats best for the atmosphere at Roots Hall but at the same time we don't want to be costing the club money for no real gain.

loved it in w block, more than the north. i'd stay in the w block happily.

It would be hard to do, as a lot of fans follow the crowd, but it would be great if we could try a split half in each stand.

People in the North to create the noise, and then people in the West to try spread and ecourage the rest. As I say would be hard to do but worth a try maybe

Tough one, and I haven't been at enough matches to make a certain decision either way, but on the back of Saturday it makes sense to me to stick in the West for now.

It would be hard to do, as a lot of fans follow the crowd, but it would be great if we could try a split half in each stand.

People in the North to create the noise, and then people in the West to try spread and ecourage the rest. As I say would be hard to do but worth a try maybe

I see what you mean, Crystal Palace do that well however it takes some support to do that

People in the North to create the noise, and then people in the West to try spread and encourage the rest. As I say would be hard to do but worth a try maybe
this. would allow for 'back and forth' chants as well and may even encourage to east and south to join in more

I sit in the W block and I enjoyed the atmosphere generated by the V Block on Saturday. The main reason why I enjoyed it was because you backed the team from start to finish and didnt "start" on the other home fans by singing that stupid "we sing on on our own ........" bulls*t song. Im sorry, but you dont have to be a supporter by cheering, you can enjoy listening to the vocal support you generated, without being accused of not backing the team because you dont stand and sing. If people want to do that fine, do it with you guys, it works well, but just back the team and respect the fact that others support in their own way !!

UTB's ..

this. would allow for 'back and forth' chants as well and may even encourage to east and south to join in more

Dont have enough fans to do such thing!

I sit in the East yellows and often wonder about this whole 'North Bank' myth.

When our fans (Especially the teenage ones) sit in the North Bank, some of them spend more time larging it to the away fans than actually watching the game and supporting the team. In the West stand, the club loses this embaressment and it looks better with everyone sat together.

As for noise levels, Saturday was better than the North Bank imho (If that helps). I actually commented that it sounded fairly loud Saturday.

There's definitely a better atmosphere in the North. Saturday was the first game of the season and we had gone up early on so it was always going to be decent wherever TBV was. The more we get in the North the better, there's only a number of times the rest of the West will actually get involved.

Tough one, atmosphere was superb on Saturday. I'd probably edge towards the W block.

I sit near W block in the west and i thought the atmosphere was very good.Obviously being opening game of the season and the fact Plymouth had a lot of fans helped,but it was still a very good effort by the blue voice so i think there is a case for being in west full time.

If the North Bank is used properly and not just shouting at the away fans then the noise can be great.

All down to numbers.

Both areas are superb when packed out. If you can guarantee W Block full every game, then stick there. If it's half full, then it is crap. Where as the North even quarter full generates decent noise. But you get the sheep gobshites spending the whole game larging it to the oppo fans. Who on the first sign of aggro, would be hot footing it out the ground running to mummy.

In summary, I think North for decent noise levels, but gobby kids. But W Block for more concentrated quality support, but slightly less travelling noise.

The real test comes on a Tues night mid January.

It’s got to be the North.
As we know sound doesn’t travel in Roots Hall, if you’re in the West it sound great to us but can hardly be heard in the North of vice versa. We don’t want the team put off by a few noisy away fans behind one goal when our own efforts can hardly be heard.

If we are both in the North Bank you are on level pegging and the atmosphere can be electric.

1,000 away fans is one thing but If there are only 300 away fans at the far end of the North the atmosphere is poor. We’ve come a long way to getting back in the north, don’t give up on it now.

Noise was great on saturday but how often will block W be that full. There was hardly a free space, and the fact that the rest of the West was busy meant the noise really got going. But on a cold tuesday night where its a third full will it be the same in terms of noise?
As has been mentioned, the North often reverts to slagging off the away fans or the oppositions goalie (that 'youre sh*t aaahhh' is particularly annoying I find!). Saturday all the songs were about backing the team and players (even Straker got some backing for once) and I dont think its any surprise we won. It must be said also the Plymouth fans were very quiet.
Overall I prefer block W as I get a better view plus I feel its less a slanging match with the away fans and more about backing the team. It concentrates the fans better as well being a narrower section than the North and encourages the rest of the West stand to join in.
Much does depend on the overall attendance in the ground. I guess if the team are doing well the fans will come and the atmosphere will be better than some of the dross we had to put up with last season.

Prefer you in the West; I know the dynamics for noise aren't as good, but seems too disjointed otherwise.

If the North Bank is used properly and not just shouting at the away fans then the noise can be great.

This is the crux of it.

The singing section for me should be nowhere near the away fans.

With TBV in the north bank it just turns into "banter" between two sets of fans in the same stand up one end of the stadium.

Whilst its nice to have supporters in the northbank I dont see it being of benefit to creating a better atmosphere through the ground, but just one end of it.

In an ideal world TBV would be at the opposite end of the stadium, but failing that I prefer them in the West stand.

''TBV should be in The North Stand ''

Ok I was not at the game on Saturday I sure the atmosphere was good but going on from the past if you are in the west stand the singing sounds really loud but due to the doubled barreled roof sadly the noise made stays in the west stand ...

People in the South Upper and East Stand see a lot of clapping and jumping around but no noise is generated onto the pitch

North Bank for me you just need the numbers to get rocking and partying :-)

Back