• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBV in the West or North

• Total voters
Anyone go tonight? 200 or so Yeovil fans, heard clearly all around the stadium... North Bank makes the noise!

as i said above about 50 of them singing and 162 of them over all and really made a noise, thats why the north gets my vote

can we not just stay in the north and put the drum at the back but more in the centre rather than being in a corner so you have an even louder support as everyone would join in and more people would come to the north from the west or the west would just join in. and to appease those who feel the north can have problems with the away fans, there would be none

Question: Does anyone know the official capacity for each side of the ground?
Assuming segregation and associated policing/stewarding costs....wouldn't a better way forward be to decide where we can safely accomodate the away fans (on the far side of the North Bank, towards the West Stand ?) and have TBV on the Eastern side of the ground?

I meant eastern side of the North Bank, d'oh !
This would have the added effect of shelter from the elements, noise generated from said shelter and confuse the juvenile numbnuts geographically!

My final offering at this ungodly hour;
Put the away fans in West blocks Q through to T...dependent upon their numbers, move the Families down to U and V and then we get W and into the whole of the North Bank. This generates noise at both ends of the ground, may inspire the team and is similar to the current Wembley lay-out.
Access for away and families through Shakespeare Drive (I think?) and through the car park and/or Fairfax Drive for TBV.
Here endeth my missive....honest !!

Amazes me how much more noise the away fans make in comparisson to when Southend fans house the North Bank!!!

I think the West is where you lot sound at your best - atmosphere wise

can we not just stay in the north and put the drum at the back but more in the centre rather than being in a corner so you have an even louder support as everyone would join in and more people would come to the north from the west or the west would just join in. and to appease those who feel the north can have problems with the away fans, there would be none

If more people come to the North its at the detriment of the rest of the ground.

The West stand certainly doesnt join in when TBV is in the North bank, the atmosphere is far far worse when they are there . I sit mostly in the West family enclosure and the atmosphere from my perspective is always better when TBV are in the west, I barely hear them if they are in the North.

When Im in the East Blacks Ive not noticed much difference between TBV being in the West or North, the only real benefit being it looks better inthe north and takes away the "away" end factor. It however does make the West Stand look pretty empty.

Not sure what it sounds like in the South Stand.

My final offering at this ungodly hour;
Put the away fans in West blocks Q through to T...dependent upon their numbers, move the Families down to U and V and then we get W and into the whole of the North Bank. This generates noise at both ends of the ground, may inspire the team and is similar to the current Wembley lay-out.
Access for away and families through Shakespeare Drive (I think?) and through the car park and/or Fairfax Drive for TBV.
Here endeth my missive....honest !!

Sorry but that is an absolutely terrible idea.

You want to put families with little kids next to the(sometimes hostile) away fans and then have them exit the ground together?

Last nights game was a perfect example of why we can't give that up. Small Yeovil number were so loud in there!

Last nights game was a perfect example of why we can't give that up. Small Yeovil number were so loud in there!

They were extremely loud - though a bit dumb, setting off a flare. Don't they know someone could have been killed? :winking:

Just a thought on last night, I wonder if it is worth asking the club if they will reserve a section - preferably back of the Yellows or Blues - as unreserved seating for TBV when we have restricted opening? Personally, I think the atmosphere last night went against us as there was little attempt to make any noise much above a whisper for quite a long period of the match.

I think if the North is the chosen spot. Then it has to be the East side of it.

With TBV being next to the always well populated East stand, the noise should carry and hopefully encourage the Easties to join in. Then the South and West etc. A domino effect.

The problem with using the other end of the North is there are 100-200 behind the goal, then next to nobody from there to V Block in the West. That is a massive empty space, resulting in no real participation from others.

Get a gate put up round the back of the North (about halfway or 3/4 way along to the West end) and the away fans can go in the West end of the North. Entering via Fairfax Drive as normal. And our lot enter via the East Stand car park. There is already two gates and two walls separating the West from the North, so no issues there. Even with a large away following, X block, Cheese Block and say half of the North will be plenty even for the biggest League 2 away support.

If the North is to be used, that is the best option without doubt. Problem is it will cost money for a gate and I expect an upgrade to the toilet/catering facilities at both ends of the stand will be required. A burger van could do the job though. This is all before the Police and Council have their say on it as well though...

This is an ideal exercise for SUISA I feel...

The best two atmospheres created by TBV in recent times were against Leyton O's to get to Wembley and Argyle on Saturday.
Both from The West!!

In reply to Jam_Man;
As I pointed out , it is very similar to the Wembley lay-out. I am a member of the England Supporters Club and along with my son, we generally sit in the Family Zone with no bother at all...arriving, being sat in the next Block to, and departing.

There is also the calming influence and integrity for away support being placed next to families (many have kids of their own).
Finally, it's a heads-up for our kids...seeing the trolls and hopefully not wishing to be associated with them as they mature

In reply to Jam_Man;
As I pointed out , it is very similar to the Wembley lay-out. I am a member of the England Supporters Club and along with my son, we generally sit in the Family Zone with no bother at all...arriving, being sat in the next Block to, and departing.

There is also the calming influence and integrity for away support being placed next to families (many have kids of their own).
Finally, it's a heads-up for our kids...seeing the trolls and hopefully not wishing to be associated with them as they mature

What might work in a stadium like Wembley may not work for us.

There is no way on earth putting away fans next door to the family enclosure is a good idea.

I dont want my 6 year old to get a heads up, I want a friendly family environment for him to learn to love football in, not to be next to a bunch of hardcore away supporters screaming abuse when we are beating them 6-0.

I think if the North is the chosen spot. Then it has to be the East side of it.

With TBV being next to the always well populated East stand, the noise should carry and hopefully encourage the Easties to join in. Then the South and West etc. A domino effect.

The problem with using the other end of the North is there are 100-200 behind the goal, then next to nobody from there to V Block in the West. That is a massive empty space, resulting in no real participation from others.

Get a gate put up round the back of the North (about halfway or 3/4 way along to the West end) and the away fans can go in the West end of the North. Entering via Fairfax Drive as normal. And our lot enter via the East Stand car park. There is already two gates and two walls separating the West from the North, so no issues there. Even with a large away following, X block, Cheese Block and say half of the North will be plenty even for the biggest League 2 away support.

If the North is to be used, that is the best option without doubt. Problem is it will cost money for a gate and I expect an upgrade to the toilet/catering facilities at both ends of the stand will be required. A burger van could do the job though. This is all before the Police and Council have their say on it as well though...

This is an ideal exercise for SUISA I feel...

Thats a good point, they are isolated now which makes it even harder to encourage the rest of the ground. Unfortunately they want to be behind the goal so will always move there even if they swapped sides.

What might work in a stadium like Wembley may not work for us.

There is no way on earth putting away fans next door to the family enclosure is a good idea.

I dont want my 6 year old to get a heads up, I want a friendly family environment for him to learn to love football in, not to be next to a bunch of hardcore away supporters screaming abuse when we are beating them 6-0.

Thats a good point, they are isolated now which makes it even harder to encourage the rest of the ground. Unfortunately they want to be behind the goal so will always move there even if they swapped sides.

Yep. Behind the goal in the North, will always be the most popular place.

But, should TBV move to the East end of the North, then there will be much less empty seats between there and the East stand. Which should in theory result in better noise and more participation from the rest of the ground. Especially the East stand.

The best two atmospheres created by TBV in recent times were against Leyton O's to get to Wembley and Argyle on Saturday.
Both from The West!!
I think that's to do with the fact that those two teams had a large following, giving us a reason to make more noise, small away support = poxy atmosphere,a fact of life in League 2 unfortunately.

I think that's to do with the fact that those two teams had a large following, giving us a reason to make more noise, small away support = poxy atmosphere,a fact of life in League 2 unfortunately.

Yep have you seen the attendance stats from last season only 271 away fans on average at Roots Hall last season the 2nd worst figure in the whole Football League. In fact the last three seasons the figures have been 271, 281 & 278.

Some of the other attendance stats are worth having a look at as downloads on the Football League site http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/AttendanceStats/0,,10794,00.html

can this be a vote based upon those who join in with the tbv in w block or north because everyone else are just trying to get what they want for the tbv to be close to them, why should we?. From here you might say i am being selfish and is not good for the team as no one from the west will join (shouldnt make a difference, they should join where ever we should be if they want to), but i say it is no different for me saying why dont you join us in the north. Il tell you why, its your personal preference, like mine is to stay in the north because we can be louder in there. Why should people not with the tbv decide where they sit?

How about the tbv sit on the eastern side of the north and sing along with the always populated east stand, crystal palace use this and it does work

stick the away fans in the corner, and the TBV sit away on the Far East of the north stand, the east has always been one to sing,but with the away fans there they are lost for confidence,if the TBV was there more people would move across and sing along allowing the ping pong effect in songs

we've seen how the norths acoustics help at the game at yoevil, only 50 fans made some noise, we cant loose the north,and if it even does save money, does it really save us anything and make a difference to our big economic predicament?
has anyone actually remembered why we moved to the north, because it used to be only the west block singing,because of 2 games your saying we should give up all the hard work to get the north back to simply move back to the west,if you want to sing then join us in the north because I'm guessing all the people who are saying the TBV should stay in the west are from the west themselves, I feel the people from the north should be choosing what they like considering their the one singing

you want using the norths acoustics and the east stand help this will make it much louder than the west, if the people in the west want to sing along then I can't see why they can't, the east did it against leyton orient, or simply make the effort to join us in the north stand,i remember when the north was completely ours,the south was built and they gave the away the north and us the south, the ground completely lost its atmosphere, anyway I hope this has answered all the concerning issues to come to a conclusion Posted by jnr

Back