• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Chesterfield Match

Gman

Hello everyone i am new to the Shrimperzone but i have been a fan for over 30 years. I currently live in Chesterfield and own a pub. It would be nice if some fans could come and meet up before the game and have a drink or a bite to eat. i am getting quite a bit of stick from the Spirerite fans who unfortunately have got off to a good start. We are about 8 minutes away from the ground and are just 20 secs off the M1 junc 29a. If anyone wants to met up before the match I can arrange some all day breakfasts or snacks, whatever anyone wants. It will be nice to get one over on the locals.

hope to see you soon.

GMan

Hi Gman, welcome to the site, hope you stick around.

That is a truly great offer. What your best of doing is waiting till the pre match thread starts in the main shrimpers chit chat and posting your offer again in there and letting people know. Speak to a member called True Blue also as he goes to a lot of away matches and will help drum up some interest in people going to this.

Once again welcome and hope to see you post more often.
Ricey

Speak to a member on here called The Watermill Wino.

Wino I think you know what I'm thinking :winking:

I really hope you are a Southend supporter and not just trying to use the forum to drum up trade.

Benefit of the doubt being given at the moment.

Free advertising? Not a good idea.

We could end up with kebab houses and god knows whatever creating threads every away game.

Ill leave it down to Cricko and Mcnasty to decide....

Hi there no I really am a Southend supporter and I'm a little long in the tooth for deceiving my fellow supporters ....I'm 61 Last year we did hve alot of football fans just dropping in but the locals had a good laugh with them even going to the game with two stewards who got them in for nothing. The locals here love to win but having a good banter with the away fans makes it even better, Last year we had over 80 Gillingham supporters who invited me to the game with them when they found out I was a southerner. It was a really good day.

The pub is the Duckmanton Hotel S44 5HF, its 30 seconds off the M! junction 29a and its about 7 minutes from the ground by car. You are most welomeHope to see you on the day

GMan

Hi there no I really am a Southend supporter and I'm a little long in the tooth for deceiving my fellow supporters ....I'm 61 Last year we did hve alot of football fans just dropping in but the locals had a good laugh with them even going to the game with two stewards who got them in for nothing. The locals here love to win but having a good banter with the away fans makes it even better, Last year we had over 80 Gillingham supporters who invited me to the game with them when they found out I was a southerner. It was a really good day.

The pub is the Duckmanton Hotel S44 5HF, its 30 seconds off the M! junction 29a and its about 7 minutes from the ground by car. You are most welomeHope to see you on the day

GMan

We're the same age.

You must have watched Billy Best,Phil Chisnall et al as a teenager.The 68/9 season is still my all time favourite.

Sorry, I won't be able to make the Chesterfield game but I'm sure you'll get a decent crowd of Shrimpers there.

Last edited:
Back