• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
The referee currently appointed to the match on Saturday is Steve Bratt from Walsall. I say currently as he hasn't done a game for a couple of months and only 5 all season.

He started young as part of the "talent group" of referees who were being groomed for future "stardom" and it all went horribly wrong and he was demoted at the end of the 2009/10 season after a number of woeful performances. Since gaining his place back on the National List at the beginning of last season he has only done 15 matches. Presumably injured for much of the time.

His two previous Southend matches were a good performance in our 4-3 win at Crewe (2008/9) with a solitary yellow for Betsey and one of his less capable efforts in our 2-0 win at Stockport the following year. That match featured 7 yellows and a red (all but Grant's yellow going against the home team) and two goals from Lee Barnard.

In those 15 matches since his return, he has shown a very low 24 yellows and 1 red.

Assisting will be Justin Amey from Bournemouth, famous for showing a red card to a Bashley player at Chippenham in the third second of a match, and Richard Martin from Weston-Super-Mare with Richard Hulme from Radstock, Somerset assuming 4th Official duties.

I just had to google that as I couldn't believe what I was reading! It was actually the other way around (a Chippenham player at Bashley) - the player's name - David Pratt!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1102496/What-Pratt-Chippenham-star-sets-new-world-record-getting-sent-just-THREE-seconds.html

You're right, my memory was pretty good but not quite spot on.

Now I know someone reads this stuff, I'll check things in future.

Bashley is quite a quaint ground (when David Pratt is not around); when I went there they had to remove a couple of New Forest ponies before the game.

One of the best reads on SZone Mick - I always read it and then dazzle my friends with my knowledge of the officials at the game!

To be fair, I always read and never comment. Keep it up, it's an interesting insight to waht we can expect.

A great read, I don't post too often but always read "ref watch," so thank you Mick.

You're right, my memory was pretty good but not quite spot on.

Bashley is quite a quaint ground (when David Pratt is not around); when I went there they had to remove a couple of New Forest ponies before the game.

Like others have said its a great read and always enjoyable. Sometimes also depressing when you find out its officials that don't give us anything.

Keep it up Mick. :thumbsup:

Back