• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Well, after seemingly weeks of debating ticket sales, the game is nearly upon us so I thought it was time to start a pre-match thread.

I am assuming there are no more injuries, and I suspect the main decision for Phil Brown is whether or not to recall BBBC (who I assume is over his illness now) up front in place of Woodrow. Tricky one as Cauley scored last Saturday and I heard had a decent game - however if it were not for Barry's illness I'm sure we would have kept with a winning side from the previous weekend.

My predicted starting line-up:

Bentley​

White Kiernan Prosser Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin​

Hurst Corr Straker​

Subs: Smith, Phillips, Thompson, Laird, Payne, Woodrow, Njie

With regards to the visitors I hear they've made a couple of loan signings - experienced central defender Keith Lowe from Cheltenham (with a view to a permanent transfer) and a young goalkeeper, Nick Pope, from Charlton.

Should be a decent crowd in (my estimate just short of 9000) and hopefully we can see some more entertaining football and keep the run of wins and clean sheets going.

UTB!

There's going to be a big crowd so that only meaning two things, a rubbish performance and a loss. :sad:

Hopefully we can change this trend though and play some decent stuff and make some people come back to the next game. Would be great to get another 3 points and carry on our good run.

There's going to be a big crowd so that only meaning two things, a rubbish performance and a loss. :sad:

Hopefully we can change this trend though and play some decent stuff and make some people come back to the next game. Would be great to get another 3 points and carry on our good run.

I don't think I want anyone coming up with stats concerning previous times we've been on a run and then face a supposedly winable home match in front of a large crowd. We desperately need a good performance and result....... not the leqst for the fact that I shall be there! :winking:

The only thing that bothers me is York come down park the bus in defence .Then frustrate us enough to get one of those break away goals to pinch it . Only hope we come out all guns blasting as we did at Exeter last week and get an early goal to stop them defending in numbers and make them come out .

The only thing that bothers me is York come down park the bus in defence .Then frustrate us enough to get one of those break away goals to pinch it . Only hope we come out all guns blasting as we did at Exeter last week and get an early goal to stop them defending in numbers and make them come out .

I really don't care about their sexuality and think it's a bit unfair asking them to declare anything in front of such a large crowd.

I truly hope I am wrong but I see a disappointing afternoon....Heart says nice 3 points; head says frustration and 1 point as I have just lost count of the times over many years when it was all set up for us to show some style and get the floating support back on side and proceeded to blow it!!!

I truly hope I am wrong but I see a disappointing afternoon....Heart says nice 3 points; head says frustration and 1 point as I have just lost count of the times over many years when it was all set up for us to show some style and get the floating support back on side and proceeded to blow it!!!

There is a first time for everything. Big crowd, seriously up for blood from the start. A team that wants to play and win for the Boss.......what more do you want. We will murder York, probably 1-0.

I don't think I want anyone coming up with stats concerning previous times we've been on a run and then face a supposedly winable home match in front of a large crowd. We desperately need a good performance and result....... not the leqst for the fact that I shall be there! :winking:
Can't beleive you are travelling all the way from France just to save £15 on the price of a ticket - cheapskate!

In a way I am pleased to read all the comments that this is a game we could lose; and I am sure PB will stress that to the squad; they MUST perform. He has a strong bench in all positions and the lads know they are playing for their places. SO that is different from previous times when we haven't stepped up to the mark. I expect York to be very cautious and without knowing anything about their team I don't know if the style of BBBC or CW is going to be better starting or coming off the bench. UTB!

I haven't looked forward to a game so much in ages. Last time I saw us was away to Newport and we didn't play well that day. However...I can't fault their effort on that day, or any other game this season, so they've got my full support. I really hope we put on a good show for the big crowd.

Southend v The Minstermen

Well, we all seem to be so preoccupied with the attendance for tomorrow's game that no-one has posted much about the team ........... or the opposition.

I rather suspect it will be the old 4-5-1 (or 4-3-3 if you prefer) and injury worries, viruses or hold-ups on the M25 aside, then Philip Brown's only real decision is whether to start with Woodrow or Corr. I would plump for Corr myself.

Let's hope that Eastwood is one the bench along with Smith, Laird, Payne, Thompson and Philips.

As for York, they have two new loanees to booster their ranks and scored twice on Tuesday night .......... the manager is not too happy with them and so will have them ready to go. And they are not coming all the way from Yorkshire to Southend to be fodder for a large crowd. They have won once, lost once and drawn 3 in the last 5 league games. I would expect them to be tough to break down and well organised.

With the expectation of another 3 points, what could possibly go wrong ............................:unsure:

This looks like a banana skin waiting to happen, but not this time, I don't think. PB seems to have installed a bit of grit in the side, and I don't see them throwing this one away. Im going to say 3 0 Southend, Hurst, and Corr with a brace

Think we're due a high scoring game, 4-1 or 5-2 win for the Mighty Blues. Corr, Woodrow, Eastwood, Straker to score.

A real indication as to whether we can mount a consistent promotion challenge. A win today will certainly maintain momentum..and belief.

Back