• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RyanSmyth

Youth Team
Looking at some facts and figures from this season and noticed twice we have gone three wins in a row in the league and the fourth has ended up in defeat all be it by one goal to Chesterfield and Dagenham. The last time Portsmouth lost twice in a row in the league was to one goal and also conceded 4 just like now and then in the third game tonked a rochdale side 3-0 at home. In their overall record at home this season in the league they have played 9 W4 D1 L4 so looking like a balanced inconsistent side at home although three of those defeats were to Fleetwood, Chesterfield and Oxford so not easy games to say the least. Comparing this to our away form this season which reads P8 W4 D1 L3 which also reads an inconsistent form.

I am hoping these form readings can be broken come tomorrow night but i think it would have done us a massive favour with Portsmouth winning saturday but then again this is Southend and always bring out the unlikely it seems but nonetheless looking forward to tomorrow night and hopefully on the road back home with three points

Looking at some facts and figures from this season and noticed twice we have gone three wins in a row in the league and the fourth has ended up in defeat all be it by one goal to Chesterfield and Dagenham. The last time Portsmouth lost twice in a row in the league was to one goal and also conceded 4 just like now and then in the third game tonked a rochdale side 3-0 at home. In their overall record at home this season in the league they have played 9 W4 D1 L4 so looking like a balanced inconsistent side at home although three of those defeats were to Fleetwood, Chesterfield and Oxford so not easy games to say the least. Comparing this to our away form this season which reads P8 W4 D1 L3 which also reads an inconsistent form.

I am hoping these form readings can be broken come tomorrow night but i think it would have done us a massive favour with Portsmouth winning saturday but then again this is Southend and always bring out the unlikely it seems but nonetheless looking forward to tomorrow night and hopefully on the road back home with three points

Perhaps we already have broken the pattern. York was our 4th win on the spin.

yes true! talking about the league form:unsure:

Ok, admittedly one was in the cup, but it's still 4 wins on the spin. Lets hope that four league wins is also on the cards for Tuesday. I would settle for one point as Fratton Park is a tough place to go.

they have struggled at home to the top teams and right now were a team on form just hope we play like our previous two before the york game because otherwise it could be a sour night:sad:

Ok, admittedly one was in the cup, but it's still 4 wins on the spin. Lets hope that four league wins is also on the cards for Tuesday. I would settle for one point as Fratton Park is a tough place to go.

I would argue that settling for a draw is based on their past, not their current position and form.

a point at this moment in time would feel like a defeat, then again depending on how we play, a point could feel like a victory

Back