• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last time I checked we were under a transfer embargo so kinda a pointless discussion. I don't know how we managed to get Rob Kiernan in?

But for the record I'd have Granty back in a heartbeat. And as well as everyone's playing at the mo he's a higher calibre of player

Im not sure I would. He was far too inconsistent for me. Didnt perform for months at times.. On his day a good player but his day was never frequent enough imo.

Love the guy to bits but he wouldn't get in this side at the moment.

big grant fan and hats off to the way he was at southend after all the problems with most the team leaving the club but do we really need him? although he is a great player to break down play and win FK's lol

Would rather we invested our time in bringing Clifford on a bit more. We probably had the best out of Grant already..

We have no spaces in the squad and plenty of midfielders.

Pointless discussion really.

It not really a pointless discussion is it?? Its someone asking for opinions on an ex southend player ?? Your supposed to be a mod aren't you?

Thanks Shrimpin.. It was just a question, asking for opinions...and also an opportunity to write a heading with grant, loan and interest in it. Bearing in mind our own difficult fiscal position I thought it would lighten the morning - I couldn't think of any other monetary terms at the time. As others have rightly pointed out we are unable to sign, we all know this, but it wasn't a "should we" but a "would we" question. COYB's:smile:

Last time I checked we were under a transfer embargo so kinda a pointless discussion. I don't know how we managed to get Rob Kiernan in?
That's very contradictory maybe we should have a discussion for how did we bring Kiernan in if under an embargo before declaring this a pointless discussion ?

It not really a pointless discussion is it?? Its someone asking for opinions on an ex southend player ?? Your supposed to be a mod aren't you?

Spot on - but that sums Jam Man up, tries to bully people out of topics!!! Some Mod :thumbdown:

Personally I rate Granty, despite the Embargo's and abundance of midfielders within our squad, the question of the topic was "Do we show an interest". Personally, I don't think it would happen as Brown and other hierachy (Martin aside) have not worked with him before. If it was a possibility I would welcome him back even with his bad attitude off the pitch.

So now Grant Hall and Ferdinand have all basically failed since leaving us, Just shows the grass isn't always greener!

And I'd take all three of them back if we had the money and weren't under an embargo.

Ok , I realise that this is all hypothetical as none of them are likely to be heading back to us in the near future , but my view is that whilst I conceed that all three of them 'individually' have possibly more about them than most of our current squad , what we have now is a group of very hard working players , all trying to play the right way and all busting a gut for each other.
I think the 'team ethic' Brown has built is priceless and even without any embargo , I would think twice about wanted that disrupted by anyone.

Back