• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFANS

Coach
Did anyone else notice this Saturday? Not sure if he actually spoke to the ref, but was obviously there to make a point.. I wonder what view the football league would take if he over stepped the mark?

Did anyone else notice this Saturday? Not sure if he actually spoke to the ref, but was obviously there to make a point.. I wonder what view the football league would take if he over stepped the mark?

What would they do, fine him?!:hilarious:

possibly fine the club, if we couldn't pay points deduction...

Was it that serious? I guess it depends if the ref decided to report it. My guess is that any ref that gives a pen in the 94th minute should probably expect an earbashing, even if it's a stonewaller.

I don't think walking on the pitch is an issue, abusing the ref is..

All depends what he said really. If he walked on and asked why he gave a penalty, then no problem. If he walked on and did an impression of Vinnie Jones threatening to break the refs legs unless he gave us a win, then that is a different story.

Didnt notice him first of all but when some one pointed him out to me, he was already walking back to east stand. Maybe im unduely cynical but perhaps Ron felt that at that moment he was only the second most unpopular figure in the ground and decided to bask in his new found popularity.:winking:

Didnt notice him first of all but when some one pointed him out to me, he was already walking back to east stand. Maybe im unduely cynical but perhaps Ron felt that at that moment he was only the second most unpopular figure in the ground and decided to bask in his new found popularity.:winking:

Great post. Brightens up a Monday morning!

Shows his passion for the club is as strong as ever. Good to see,did what we all wanted to do as passionate people who love our club. Good on him.

Ron marched on to the pitch and looked very angry, I guess he was looking forward to making a public appearance as we were so close to topping the table.

To be fair though, it was nice to see his passion. He was held back by a couple of staff and never really got within 20-30 yards of ref Kettle. Also, I would add that it was nice to see him shaking hands and patting a few of the players on the back as they left the pitch.

Whatever people's opinions, if we have passion within the club from the tea lady to the chairman to the fans and the players then that's got to be good for our club.

UTB

I was sitting very close to him at both the Mansfield and York games and he was jumping up and down and pumping his fists along with everyone else when we scored.. I dont doubt for a minute that he doesn't want Southend to succeed on the pitch as much as everyone else does.

Whatever people's opinions, if we have passion within the club from the tea lady to the chairman to the fans and the players then that's got to be good for our club.

So long as he doesn't try to put any passion in the tea lady.

Interesting the way some people are happy to gloss over poor behaviour on the basis that it shows "passion".

Interesting the way some people are happy to gloss over poor behaviour on the basis that it shows "passion".

I think after a long time of people saying Ron doesnt care about the club etc it makes a refreshing change to see that he does.

He hardly threw a molotov cocktail at the officials...

He was checking there was a place for his Ronicopter to crash so he could do a Lord Lucan.

I think after a long time of people saying Ron doesnt care about the club etc it makes a refreshing change to see that he does.

let's hope Bilel doesn't read this thread and get ideas.

Just think of it if he had though. Blond haired Chairman sets fire to officals, over late goal. The club would have been famous overnight, and Ron Molotov Martin would have been banged up in broadmoor

Back