• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
While I'm glad as hell that nobody died last night, I'd like to hear a statement from the management asap, as to when the theatre might be re-opening.

Mrs Tangled and I have tickets for the show the night before our cup game with Millwall in January.I don't reckon our chances too much.Anyone have any idea how long the repairs might take?

Seems like I'm destined not to see The Curious Incident.Ironically, I'd booked a ticket to see it, before our game against Scunthorpe was switched to a Friday night,back in September.Had to pass on it then too.

Thinking about seeing The Commitments instead.Anyone seen it or anything else worth viewing, currently on in the West End?

Why mot go and see a 3D blockbuster at a multiplex instead.

Let's be honest, no one really enjoys theatre. They just go because they think it makes them look intellectual.

Let's be honest, no one really enjoys theatre. They just go because they think it makes them look intellectual.

Dunno.I saw Juan Mayorga's Himmelweg recently and quite enjoyed that.

If you can "enjoy" a play about the treatment of jews in a death camp,that is.

When I was in New York I went to see Spiderman in the theatre. Nothing remotely intellectual about that. Nothing remotely enjoyable either, it was ****.

Did try to get tickets for Book of Mormon which is meant to be really good but didnt manage to get any.

While I'm glad as hell that nobody died last night, I'd like to hear a statement from the management asap, as to when the theatre might be re-opening.

Mrs Tangled and I have tickets for the show the night before our cup game with Millwall in January.I don't reckon our chances too much.Anyone have any idea how long the repairs might take?

Seems like I'm destined not to see The Curious Incident.Ironically, I'd booked a ticket to see it, before our game against Scunthorpe was switched to a Friday night,back in September.Had to pass on it then too.

Thinking about seeing The Commitments instead.Anyone seen it or anything else worth viewing, currently on in the West End?

Maybe it's an impossible question to answer at this moment in time?

6hrs of His Dark Materials was utterly absorbing and magical. The (one) film.....isn't. War Horse (the play) utterly magnificent, the film....isn't.

You sir are an inverted snob (but I know your tongue is pretty much permanently wedged in cheek).

6hrs of His Dark Materials was utterly absorbing and magical. The (one) film.....isn't. War Horse (the play) utterly magnificent, the film....isn't.

You sir are an inverted snob (but I know your tongue is pretty much permanently wedged in cheek).
Loved both at the Featre but I loved the Golden Compass film too - Nicole Kidman was very convincing and the something Blue Dakata girl was good too. Paul The Rage Johnson from Homeland (cross referencing!) was in HDM when I went and now he is Hollywood baby

Maybe it's an impossible question to answer at this moment in time?

Nope.
Theatre's closed until the 4th January apparently.So booked a couple of tickets for The Commitments instead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25459567

"Performances at the Apollo have been cancelled until 4 January and customers should contact their point of purchase to arrange exchanges or refunds, the theatre said."

War Horse (the play) utterly magnificent, the film....isn't.
I loved the film, I also love going to the theatre - the whole experience, sitting there particularly in the older theatres surrounded by velvet and gilt and so much theatrical history. I particularly love going to the Palladium, and could spend hours looking at all the photos of people who've performed there in the past.

My heart goes out to those hurt last night, it is a kind of miracle no-one was killed, I think it may be a slight over-reaction to have announced checks on ALL theatres now, I mean, buildings of that age should be checked regularly for safety anyway shouldn't they?

We usually go to the theatre for my Wifes Birthday so back in august I went to book tickets for the curious incident as its one she has wanted to see for a while .
But then she said that she didnt want a big night out (we usually have a day in town, meal and overnight stay) this year, as we are having a holiday in early 2014 so we decided to go out locally.
Her birthday was yesterday...That was a near miss !

We usually go to the theatre for my Wifes Birthday so back in august I went to book tickets for the curious incident as its one she has wanted to see for a while .
But then she said that she didnt want a big night out (we usually have a day in town, meal and overnight stay) this year, as we are having a holiday in early 2014 so we decided to go out locally.
Her birthday was yesterday...That was a near miss !

Nowhere near as close an escape as yours but if the "incident" had happened on the 3rd Jan.we'd have been in seats E7/8 in the stalls,which is as I understand it,is pretty much the area that was most affected by all the falling debris last night.Makes you think.:stunned:

Last edited:
I loved the film, I also love going to the theatre - the whole experience, sitting there particularly in the older theatres surrounded by velvet and gilt and so much theatrical history. I particularly love going to the Palladium, and could spend hours looking at all the photos of people who've performed there in the past.

My heart goes out to those hurt last night, it is a kind of miracle no-one was killed, I think it may be a slight over-reaction to have announced checks on ALL theatres now, I mean, buildings of that age should be checked regularly for safety anyway shouldn't they?

I believe they are, every two or three years.

I'm sure there'll be a campaign for annual checks now,which will add to ticket price costs but seems sensible in the circumstances.

We've got tickets for 12 Angry Men at the Garrick on the 28th. Knowing my luck they'll inspect the theatre and decide it's unsafe.

Back