• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
This game doesn't really affect us as we're 7th on 45 pts, Scunny are top on 49 pts and Fleetwood are 3rd on 47.

A win for Scunthorpe tonight would put them on 52 points, 4 points clear of Chesterfield in 2nd. While a win for Fleetwood would put them top, on 50. (Sending Scunny down to 2nd and Chesterfield to 3rd). Again, a draw would be a great result for us as it would keep it tight up in the top 7.

Without doubt, in my opinion, the top 7 now WILL be the same come May, but in this order:

1. Scunthorpe
2. Blues
3. Chesterfield
4. Rochdale
5. Fleetwood
6. Oxford
7. Burton

This game doesn't really affect us as we're 7th on 45 pts, Scunny are top on 49 pts and Fleetwood are 3rd on 47.

A win for Scunthorpe tonight would put them on 52 points, 4 points clear of Chesterfield in 2nd. While a win for Fleetwood would put them top, on 50. (Sending Scunny down to 2nd and Chesterfield to 3rd). Again, a draw would be a great result for us as it would keep it tight up in the top 7.

Without doubt, in my opinion, the top 7 now WILL be the same come May, but in this order:

1. Scunthorpe
2. Blues
3. Chesterfield
4. Rochdale
5. Fleetwood
6. Oxford
7. Burton
Think Scuntphorpe have a good chance of winning the league.We must be well in the mix for top 3 now.Playing very well and hard to beat at the moment

1. Scunthorpe
2. Blues
3. Chesterfield
4. Rochdale
5. Fleetwood
6. Oxford
7. Burton

How the hell did you work that one out.....of course it affects us, the best result would be a draw as that takes 2 points out of the system for both sides

Fair point about the top 7 though, just need to get our heads back on the league and who knows what will happen

Oxford's manager has resigned, looks like he's going to take over at Northampton (god knows why). That could have an effect (negative or positive) on Oxford's form.

How the hell did you work that one out.....of course it affects us, the best result would be a draw as that takes 2 points out of the system for both sides

takes one point out the system, but still good ;)

A draw might not necessarily be the best option. If we see the fact that winning the title is irrelevant, and one of the other two spaces is all that matters then Scunthorpe winning would mean less points for Fleetwood, one of the competitors for spaces 2 & 3. However this relies on Scunny winning the league outright.

Difficult one this. A draw is best for us, but also wouldn't mind a Fleetwood win.

I think Scunny are currently in pole position to be champions.

One could argue that them winning is best, they can run away with the league, take points off everyone else, and leave us to take 2nd.

In summary, I have no idea.

I think you'll find that if it's a draw both sides would drop 2 points,so yes it does take 2 points out of the system for both sides

Nope, takes 1 point OUT OF THE SYSTEM. win = 3points. a draw = 1point EACH = 2points, so one point our of the system. A team dropping two points is probably what you mean..

I think you'll find that if it's a draw both sides would drop 2 points,so yes it does take 2 points out of the system for both sides

Both sides do drop 2 points, but there are only 3 points available and in the event of a draw 2 get allocated (1 for each team). So if 3 are available and only 2 are allocated to our rivals, then 1 is lost.

A draw might not necessarily be the best option. If we see the fact that winning the title is irrelevant, and one of the other two spaces is all that matters then Scunthorpe winning would mean less points for Fleetwood, one of the competitors for spaces 2 & 3. However this relies on Scunny winning the league outright.

Exactly, I think we have more chance of beating Fleetwood to the automatics than Scunthorpe. If Fleetwood lose, we will be 3 points off 2nd with a game in hand.

Newport are nearly out of the picture now and a defeat tomorrow would most likely confirm that.

Exactly, I think we have more chance of beating Fleetwood to the automatics than Scunthorpe. If Fleetwood lose, we will be 3 points off 2nd with a game in hand.

Newport are nearly out of the picture now and a defeat tomorrow would most likely confirm that.

Too many points to play for to say that Chapperz...Crewe in 2012 for example? Statistically we could still go down!

Back