• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Putting the band back together. Who next, Kevin Maher? Peter Clarke? Adam Barrett?

Exactly.

The club haven't mentioned it yet.

But I was told by a very reliable source, that we've got Justin Lee Collins in as our Director of Football, and he is looking to get the old gang back together again.

It must be true because I have seen Gower putting a bag of dog poo through Fatso's letter-box.

Why else would he be in Southend ?

We have Leonard, Timlin, Laird, Clifford, Atkinson, Gomis and Payne fighting to occupy 3 central midfield positions. I would put him behind most of those in the pecking order unfortunately.

We only need one new signing at centre back, as Phillips has looked a bit of a weak link at times. Maybe also a pacey young winger to provide a bit of cover for Hurst.

Can't see it myself. There is no call for him at the moment.

**** rumour or could it be Ronnie getting involved?.....

Gower would still get into this team, as good as the other players are. In a three man midfield he wouldn't even need to run. It would be his dream.

But even if there isn't a logical 'need' for the signing if he's free then I'm sure we're interested. This would be a classic Ron Martin signing.

reliable source

Id suggest you re-adjust your reliable source to unreliable status.

"Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 2m
Just spoke to Mark Gower. Said no one has spoken to him about coming back to Blues. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo"

Gower would still get into this team, as good as the other players are. In a three man midfield he wouldn't even need to run. It would be his dream.

But even if there isn't a logical 'need' for the signing if he's free then I'm sure we're interested. This would be a classic Ron Martin signing.

Cant see him replacing any of the 3 we have at moment nor even keeping Laird out. The team has so much energy at the moment I cant see how he would get in, although on the flip side with that energy he could be 'carried' as you say.

Agree it would be a Ron Martin sigining and for nostalgic reason but just dont see he would get in the team.

"Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 2m
Just spoke to Mark Gower. Said no one has spoken to him about coming back to Blues. @SUFCRootsHall @Essex_Echo"

Well thats a load of rubbish then.

but but but but it's an fact!

Happy CP has put this to sleep, would have been a pointless signing to be honest, we have plenty of midfielders,if it s cover we looking for then centre back and if Paul Smith is going ,goalkeeper.Otherwise we looking pretty solid in my opinion.Would only sign others if it really was a very talented player .

Back