• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi guys, not a prolific poster, but enjoy the site. I'm very happy to donate a framed, white, short sleeved SUFC training shirt signed by the players from the promotion winning 2005-2006 team, including Tilly and Brush. It might raise a few bob, I've really no idea, but it is in a nice frame and looks pretty good. Let me know (Cricko or Mcnasty) if its any use to you?

gotta love the Zone - so donation sent :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regardless of who is at the helm, this is without doubt the best forum out of the premiershite and worthy of a small donation from all who use it who can afford.
Stop the sniping!!

Donation sent wish it could have been more :thumbsup:

Regardless of who is at the helm, this is without doubt the best forum out of the premiershite and worthy of a small donation from all who use it who can afford.
Stop the sniping!!

Donation sent wish it could have been more :thumbsup:

Thanks for the donation. :smile:

Payday for me is now last working day of the month so I will sort you something out over the weekend. I usually take part in any sweepstakes so I would be more than happy to take "ownership" of a team in the WC if someone wants to organise the sweep.

I'm delighted Cricko has come back to us on here, and bearing in mind that the two names I've heard mentioned are two who constantly resort to pedantry then I don't see anything wrong in Cricko being a bit sharp with them. It's not as if they don't know him, or he, them. They have also both been Zone members long enough to know the costs involved in running it, which some of our newer members probably don't. If Cricko wants to discuss his private life then he will, if he doesn't then he doesn't need those two giving him grief.

Do people seriously think this would as successful a site if you had to pay to be a member? Because that'll be the choice soon if people don't take things a little more seriously here....pay up voluntarily as you've been asked to, that way the Zone will continue to be the great meeting place we know it to be.

Oh and nice offer from MC Blues there, well done that poster!

Payday for me is now last working day of the month so I will sort you something out over the weekend. I usually take part in any sweepstakes so I would be more than happy to take "ownership" of a team in the WC if someone wants to organise the sweep.

I'm delighted Cricko has come back to us on here, and bearing in mind that the two names I've heard mentioned are two who constantly resort to pedantry then I don't see anything wrong in Cricko being a bit sharp with them. It's not as if they don't know him, or he, them. They have also both been Zone members long enough to know the costs involved in running it, which some of our newer members probably don't. If Cricko wants to discuss his private life then he will, if he doesn't then he doesn't need those two giving him grief.

Do people seriously think this would as successful a site if you had to pay to be a member? Because that'll be the choice soon if people don't take things a little more seriously here....pay up voluntarily as you've been asked to, that way the Zone will continue to be the great meeting place we know it to be.

Oh and nice offer from MC Blues there, well done that poster!

Now you listen Kay, when someone says they are leaving a site, makes a big public show about it THEN comes back out of the blue and asks for donations, we have a right to ask. Keep your thoughts to yourself because it has NOTHING to do with you

Now you listen Kay, when someone says they are leaving a site, makes a big public show about it THEN comes back out of the blue and asks for donations, we have a right to ask. Keep your thoughts to yourself because it has NOTHING to do with you

I really don't see why anyone has a right to question John's coming back.

With my poster head on, not my mod one, I don't think the question is even relevant - certainly not to THIS thread. Fact is, John did leave the site for his own reasons. He did make a somewhat public show of it - the big drama queen! :winking: - but given what he's given to this site, he certainly deserved to do that. Now he's back with us. And thank goodness for that because he stepped back in last week when the site went down. None of the rest of us knew what to do with that problem, but 20 minutes after John stepped back in, the site came back online. That raises a whole bunch of other questions but, for now, thank goodness John came back.

I personally think John may have gone in a bit two-footed on his response but there's two sides to that story and he shouldn't have needed to make the tackle in the first place. The money doesn't go to John, it goes to keeping this site up and running. Asking for money isn't fun at the best of times so I'd rather thank John for putting himself out there and doing that.

ANYWAY...

I just whacked in some money to keep the old place going.

Here's why...

SHRIMPERZONE IS AWESOME!

Ask yourself: "how many times each week, each day, even EACH BLOOMIN' HOUR do I come on here for a bit of time-wasting?"

For me, it's quite a lot.

That's why I've just sent across some cash myself.

Took me less than 2 minutes.

I feel good about myself! :smile:

As for this:

Disgraceful. I may be fairly new but, as previously mentioned by other users, if you are going to talk to us like dirt, it will be you who's affected and not us. After all, you've come out of the blue demanding money from us.

Based on that reason alone, as much as i am enjoying being a part of SZ, i will NOT be donating.

What is it about the internet that makes people so over the top about everything? There are no demands made, only a request. But it won't be John who's affected, it WILL be us if the Zone shuts down through lack of funds. It might actually be GOOD for John as he'll have far more time on his hands for other interests in life!

Come on folks. We ALL benefit from this site.

I know we donated last month( still waiting receipt Ken) but the Zone is Southend United so TZ will donate the raffle from the Mansfield coach plus we still have a match worn Benyan shirt so we'll get that signed on the front with this years team. Could raffle that separate if you like?

I know we donated last month( still waiting receipt Ken) but the Zone is Southend United so TZ will donate the raffle from the Mansfield coach plus we still have a match worn Benyan shirt so we'll get that signed on the front with this years team. Could raffle that separate if you like?

You only had to ask mate.

It's a public site and John is a friend. As that is the case I think I have the right to defend him if I wish to. If you wanted to know then maybe you should have sent him a PM to ask, not everyone is as transparent as I am about their private life. And maybe that's not such a bad thing. In any case, I think the only people who have a "right" to know are those who actually have money tied up in the Zone...and that's not you.

Welcome back John. We've missed your happy cheery self at the footie :smile:
Donation on its way when we get back home from holiday.

Back