• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Who wanted Fred back certainly not Luggy,Who wanted Barney back I doubt it was Phil,Effing hell we can't even sign a conference player!

What the hell is going on at the club.

Phil spouts we are after this one or that one yet we never sign them!

We are told time and time again the club is skint yet why continue signing expensive yesterday men?We can't even sign a conference player!

We are told time and time again the budget is one of the biggest in the league yet we still cannot sign a conference player!

Yet they can all have a jolly in Spain,I don't get it .

Yeah sure some of you will have a dig which is ok but this is our club and something is very very wrong.

Who wanted Fred back certainly not Luggy,Who wanted Barney back I doubt it was Phil,Effing hell we can't even sign a conference player!

We are told time and time again the club is skint yet why continue signing expensive yesterday men?We can't even sign a conference player!

We are told time and time again the budget is one of the biggest in the league yet we still cannot sign a conference player!

Yeah sure some of you will have a dig which is ok but this is our club and something is very very wrong.

I agree with you that something is wrong with the club....and that mainly lies with Ron Martin.

Whilst it probably would have cost 'something', dont we go to Spain cos one of the directors of Insure & Go has links over in Spain and can lay on the trip for a fraction of the cost... or something like that?

In all seriousness email Kavanagh and demand answers, I would like to see the official line on the issues you raise.

Well I am not too sure that either Sturrock or PB are the type of characters that would stand for being dictated to by the chairman over team selection/building.

Well I am not too sure that either Sturrock or PB are the type of characters that would stand for being dictated to by the chairman over team selection/building.

If you or I or anyone else was Southend manager would we have selected certain players time and time again when everyone else can plainly see they were not up to it,I certainly wouldn't .

If you or I or anyone else was Southend manager would we have selected certain players time and time again when everyone else can plainly see they were not up to it,I certainly wouldn't .

And RM would pick them because...? If you can see it and I can see it, so can RM. What would be the point? Perhaps you are suggesting there is some kind of conspiracy on his part to ensure we don't go up.

Besides you mentioned FE and he was not selected time and again even when he could be so your argument kind of blows up.

And RM would pick them because...? If you can see it and I can see it, so can RM. What would be the point? Perhaps you are suggesting there is some kind of conspiracy on his part to ensure we don't go up.

Besides you mentioned FE and he was not selected time and again even when he could be so your argument kind of blows up.

Bingo!

Ron when he first came here admitted he does not like football,Why not let his managers manage then?

Whilst it probably would have cost 'something', dont we go to Spain cos one of the directors of Insure & Go has links over in Spain and can lay on the trip for a fraction of the cost... or something like that?

Did have, Insure and Go's parent company is based in Madrid. As they're no longer our shirt sponsors, I doubt they have absorbed some of the cost of the trip.

And as for the OP? Ridiculous question, the manager picks the team.

Which players are you referring to. Put some facts behind your accusations

This is hilarious!

We've not even played the first pre-season friendly and already some are crucifying RM for "picking the team"!! What match is that in then, eh???

We've signed Myles Weston & Ellis Brown. Neither "yesterday" men. I'm pretty sure they're not going to be expensive either! Who else have we signed? Don't say Barnard, that was agreed last season when he came on loan.

Has anyone said THIS season we have one of the biggest budgets in L2? Show me where.

Tedious...... yet again.

They Defo will not tell he truth.
That's a cop out but what I expected from you. It would have made interesting reading for the rest of SZ and maybe people would have seen you as doing something constructive instead of keep posting moans, groans and conspiracy theories.

I too have doubts about who actually signed Eastwood and Barnard but I think we have more important things to worry about like will we survive before FF is built and serious doubts about whether FF will ever happen.

MrsBlue is surely correct though when she says that Freddy and Barnard (and before that Sawyer 2.0 and 3.0) appeared to be RM signings. Do we think this a problem?

MrsBlue is surely correct though when she says that Freddy and Barnard (and before that Sawyer 2.0 and 3.0) appeared to be RM signings. Do we think this a problem?

Only if its true. As with most things on here, supposition becomes fact without blinking!

My Thoughts:

Who wanted Fred back certainly not Luggy, Who wanted Barney back I doubt it was Phil, Effing hell we can't even sign a conference player!

- I believe Eastwood may have been the idea/singing of a former Director/Chief Exec who wanted to put some of the Feel-good factor back to the club when the chips were down.
- I believe Barnard is here because he was recommended to Brown, and Brown feels he can do a job for us, hence the permanent singing.

- Grounds Men working on the Pitch, Media Team promoting the Club, Commercial Team trying to get Sponsorship??!!

- Brown Makes the noises he feels are necessary. We lost out to all of the Players he mentioned to Teams playing in a Higher League, or some he has mentioned he is still working on completing the deals (I suspect)

We are told time and time again the club is skint yet why continue signing expensive yesterday men? We can't even sign a conference player!

- These singings are made for a reason. The are deemed at the time to add value. as with any player you take a risk on whether they will to the job, some do, some don’t, some also go else where and to brilliantly (Hooper) some go elsewhere and do equally as bad (Benyon).

- I’m sure if we wanted to we could sign a Conference Player. I think you are basing this comment on Holman situation. He was offered a Contract in a club that play in a higher league. Where the opportunities are seeming more abundant than playing in league below!

Yet they can all have a jolly in Spain, I don't get it .

- I think you will find this trip is to serve a few purposes. 1, to prepare the team away from the normal surroundings in a better climate & with better facilities. 2, to allow further team bonding to bring the unit closer together following the close season. 3, to look at potential new signings from the clubs in Spain we have relationships with. 4, Because the Manager feels this will benefit the team as a whole, basing this this on previous experience he has managing this team and others.

- Not going to have a "Dig" but maybe you need to look at the bigger picture. Maybe your judgment is too narrow minded and perhaps you need to open yourself up to accept differing views on a situation. Not every thing is as 'cut and dry' as you seem to think it is.. Maybe you should give things a chance?

I'm sure Ron did have a sizeable say in signing Eastwood & Barnard. But he clearly doesn't have any say over whether they're picked as neither started much last season!

SS3 decent reply so I thank you for not being silly like some other replies.

The overriding factor in my eyes is how can professional football managers select the same tired worn out injured blokes when we all know from the stands these guys cannot do it anymore,Game after game they were given pitch time and game after game they were shocking.Luggy rarely played Eastwood because he knew Fred's time was up so why have such a player on the books taking up the budget likewise Barney who last season did nothing to warrant any deal whatsoever .

The season is rapidly getting closer and I for one do not want to see us huffing and puffing yet unable to score.

Mind you, if mrsblue is correct then surely Tilly should thank RM for all the success he was attributed with. Oh and the failure. I wonder if RM can put himself on gardening leave?

Back