• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/01/conservative-voters-ukip-coalition-poll

A new poll suggestst that 30% of Tory voters would like to go into coalition with UKIP after the next election.

No suprises there then.It won't happen though.

With only one or two MP's, (and hopefully none), realistically UKIP won't be in a postion to go into a coalition with anyone next year.

What are you doing? Everyone had forgotten about them. Their 'success' was like the days after Princess Diana's death; mass hysteria followed by screaming embarrassment at misplaced hero worship. They'll be wetting themselves at the prospect of Farage's head on the pound again now. If only you'd let it be :'(

What are you doing? Everyone had forgotten about them. Their 'success' was like the days after Princess Diana's death; mass hysteria followed by screaming embarrassment at misplaced hero worship. They'll be wetting themselves at the prospect of Farage's head on the pound again now. If only you'd let it be :'(

Actually,I'd say they're a more serious threat than you seem to give them credit for.

I reckon from September and particularly in the run-up to the 2015 general election,they'll be back in the news again,unfortunately.

More Tories would prefer the coalition to continue than to join with UKIP.

The interesting one is more Lib Dem voters would prefer to continue with the Tories than go with Labour.

Actually,I'd say they're a more serious threat than you seem to give them credit for.

I reckon from September and particularly in the run-up to the 2015 general election,they'll be back in the news again,unfortunately.

Don't confuse my cheap joke with a dismissal of UKIP. They'll definitely take votes and they'll undoubtedly cause mischief. I can't see that translating into seats, but they'll cause ructions for all of the parties. Labour's lead feet may be the result of them believing that UKIP will harm the tories most. I'm not so sure.

Surprisingly, the lady who was on the end of this insult, while saying she was upset by it, has said she'll continue to support UKIP.

Not sure where you've got that from, I've only read the opposite.

http://hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/ukip-mep-apologises-for-calling-thai-party-member-a-ting-tong-3937

Mrs Munday and her husband Vincent, both loyal Ukip supporters, handed back their membership of the party claiming they felt “betrayed”.

They're only 'saying what we're all thinking'. It's political correctness gone mad, I tell ya. Send them all back to Ting Tong land with the Muslamics and the paediatricians.

Interesting that this election forecast has been updated to give UKIP a higher change of gaining a seat. Still less likely than the Greens to gain an MP (Brighton is unlikely to change) but if they do well they could gain multiple. They were being held back before as they didn't have any strong local leaders, but Farage standing in South Thanet has changed that.

Farage stood in South Thanet before and got 5% of the vote. Slightly odd that he has chosen somewhere where 95% of the votes cast have previously gone against him.

Not really. He has ties to the area, is from Kent anyway and all the polls suggest that he stands a very good chance of winning there. Ten years ago, UKIP wouldn't have won a seat if they were the only party standing, times and opinions have changed since then. I'm looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back